Jun 5, 2013
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: We often hear that Twitter can be an important professional development tool. But where does one start? Thankfully, this handy list can help you get started.
We're going to keep updating this -- so if you have more suggestions, either tweet us (@edsurge) or add them in comments below.
So whether you're teaching out in Iowa, (#iaedchat), looking to bust some rhymes in your classroom (#hiphoped), or enjoy teaching like a pirate (#tlap), there's bound to be something for everyone. (Yaarr!) Here are her recommendations for some of the more popular ones:
- #edtechchat Monday 8-9pm ET (Education Technology Chat; co-moderated by EdSurge's Katrina Stevens)
- #edchat Tuesday 12-1pm and 7-8pm ET (the original)
- #educoach Wed 10-11pm ET (Instructional Coaching Chat)
- #ptchat Wed 9-10pm ET (Parent-Teacher Chat)
- #ntchat Wed 8-9pm ET (New Teachers Chat)
- #satchat Sat 7:30-8:30am ET and 10:30-11:30am (General Ed Topics)
- #EdChatRI, Sun nights at 8pm ET. Moderators are @dmiller212001 & @AlanTenreiro
- #pblchat Tuesdays 8 pm EDT. All about project-based learning