Jun 27, 2013
Jun 27, 2013
Receive weekly emails on edtech products, companies, and events that matter.
Didn't get a chance to attend? Don't worry, EdSurgents Christina Quattrocchi, Joan Young, and Katrina Stevens are on top of it all! Here's what they saw in Texas:
- Adam Bellow Rocks the House: Highlights from the conference's closing keynote.
- Where Good Ideas Happen--Stephen Johnson Gets Us Thinking: Tells us why great ideas aren't built of Eureka moments.
- Teachers Need Blended Learning Too: Verizon Foundation and ISTE team up to provide PD for mobile devices.
- Pitchfest Part 1: Actively Learn, BirdBrain Technologies, Citelighter, Gobstopper, Learnzillion, Livingtree, and Zondle strut their stuff on the ISTE stage.
- Pitchfest Part 2: And the winners are...
- Educators Hack Their Own Education: What happens when teachers organize their own pre-conference?
- Breaking a World Record: Massive multiplayer thumb-wrestling match makes a point about games in education.
- Content That's Moving to the iPad: iOS7 will make it easy for schools to do single sign on.
- Adam Bellow's Glass is Half...Camera? Educator turned entrepreneur is all about spurring change.
- Common Sense Media Launches Graphite: Platform will offer reviews of edtech.
- GameDesk's 'Educade' Focuses on Fun and Games: Launches a site for browsing lessons and activities from its Playmaker School.
- Edtecher & Educators Mashup: Imagine K12 party mixes one part edtech startups and two parts early adopters.
- "Connected Educators" as the Key to Mearningful PD? American Institute of Research gathers data on how social media tools are being leveraged by educators.