The EdSurge Recap to ISTE 2013
Didn't get a chance to attend? Don't worry, EdSurgents Christina Quattrocchi, Joan Young, and Katrina Stevens are on top of it all! Here's what they saw in Texas:
- Adam Bellow Rocks the House: Highlights from the conference's closing keynote.
- Where Good Ideas Happen--Stephen Johnson Gets Us Thinking: Tells us why great ideas aren't built of Eureka moments.
- Teachers Need Blended Learning Too: Verizon Foundation and ISTE team up to provide PD for mobile devices.
- Pitchfest Part 1: Actively Learn, BirdBrain Technologies, Citelighter, Gobstopper, Learnzillion, Livingtree, and Zondle strut their stuff on the ISTE stage.
- Pitchfest Part 2: And the winners are...
- Educators Hack Their Own Education: What happens when teachers organize their own pre-conference?
- Breaking a World Record: Massive multiplayer thumb-wrestling match makes a point about games in education.
- Content That's Moving to the iPad: iOS7 will make it easy for schools to do single sign on.
- Adam Bellow's Glass is Half...Camera? Educator turned entrepreneur is all about spurring change.
- Common Sense Media Launches Graphite: Platform will offer reviews of edtech.
- GameDesk's 'Educade' Focuses on Fun and Games: Launches a site for browsing lessons and activities from its Playmaker School.
- Edtecher & Educators Mashup: Imagine K12 party mixes one part edtech startups and two parts early adopters.
- "Connected Educators" as the Key to Mearningful PD? American Institute of Research gathers data on how social media tools are being leveraged by educators.
Related Pages on EdSurge
Receive weekly emails on edtech products, companies, and events that matter.