Topic for all equity investors in education. Includes venture capital and other private equity firms, individual 'angel' investors, and institutional investors. Includes foundations that make equity investments.
Pages Related to Investors
- Ulu VenturesSilicon Valley based early stage investor in internet-enabled consumer and business services including education
- Kapor CapitalA mission-conscious, seed stage information technology investment fund based in Oakland, Calif.
- Imagine K12Edtech accelerator focused on startups serving the the K-12 market.
- New Markets Venture PartnersAn early stage venture capital firm headquartered in Baltimore. It focuses on education, information technology and business services.
- Investors' CircleNetwork of angel investors (roughly 150 members) dedicated to making impact investments; education is one of their focus.
- Macmillan New VenturesFund set up by publisher Macmillan to acquire edtech startups
- Rethink EducationInvestment fund devoted to edtech solutions with a broad focus, including K-12, higher-ed, lifelong learning, and special education
- Learn CapitalCalifornia-based venture capital firm devoted to education technology startups.
- First Round CapitalVenture capital firm focused on providing seed-stage funding to technology companies.
- Providence Equity PartnersA private equity firm with significant holdings in education. It was established in 1989 and has invested in more than 100 companies. It has $23 billion under management.
- University Ventures FundInvestment firm providing private capital to develop programs addressing higher-ed needs.
- Weld NorthPrivate equity investment firm specializing in education.
- Gen Y Capital PartnersStartup accelerator and investment company aimed specifically at students.
- Founders FundSF-based venture capital firm; early investor in several notable companies, including Facebook and Spotify.
- NewSchools Venture FundA non-profit venture philanthropy firm that funds charter schools, charter districts, and education technology startups.
- GSV AdvisorsInvestment firm run by noted education investors Deborah Quazzo and Michael Moe. GSV also organizes the popular ASU Education Innovation Summit annual conference.
- GSV CapitalPublicly-traded mutual fund with investments in education, run by noted investor Michael Moe.
News Covering Investors
- Bertelsmann and Bozano Announce $43M Brazilian Edtech FundMar 18, 2014
- Tom Segal: "A Critical Transition Period for Edtech Venture Capital"Jan 10, 2014
- Chinese VCs Eye Edtech OpportunitiesJan 7, 2014
- Here's a Directory of 62 VCs in EdtechDec 13, 2013
- The 'First Crack' of the Edtech Bubble?Nov 13, 2013
- Tracking the 266 Private Equity Investors in EducationNov 7, 2013
- Why Investor Whitney Tilson Is Betting Against K12Sep 22, 2013
- Follett Announces $50M Education Technology FundJun 25, 2013
- Edtech Investors Share Tips on How To Get FundedNov 14, 2012
- NewSchools Graphs 2012 K-12 Edtech FundingNov 14, 2012
- Union Square Ventures shares research and hypotheses on online educationOct 5, 2012
- SEC considers rule changes for raising startup capitalAug 22, 2012
- Common Core boon or bane to e-learning market?Aug 6, 2012
- Bursting Marketplace BubblesJun 6, 2012
- Re-imagine Nearly EverythingJun 6, 2012
- That Schmucky FeelingMay 30, 2012
- A Startup Named DesireMay 30, 2012
- Rethink EducationMay 17, 2012
- Venture Capital UApr 25, 2012
- 500 Startups fundingApr 12, 2012
- Seedin' the SuburbsApr 12, 2012
- Room to RunApr 4, 2012
- market research hark the herald angelsMar 21, 2012
- market research it's boom timeMar 21, 2012
- investors sxsw (in miniature)Mar 14, 2012
- thought leadership more hypeFeb 22, 2012
- education market why vcs aren't risk takersFeb 22, 2012
- Pearson's Presence in Edtech InvestingFeb 22, 2012
- market research big fishesFeb 1, 2012
- University Ventures Fund Launches with $100M InvestmentJan 25, 2012
- NSVF's Seed Fund for Education Technology StartupsJan 25, 2012
- Founders Fund Raises $625MDec 7, 2011
- investors rich chipsNov 15, 2011
- useful for entrepreneurs big problemsOct 26, 2011
- investors whistling in the windOct 12, 2011
- thought leadership just think about itAug 31, 2011
- education in africa tana africa capitalAug 10, 2011
Please leave feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Last updated: Apr 20, 2014