Apple Boasts 94 Percent Share of Education Tablet Market

PADDING THE LEAD: During Apple's Q4 2013 earnings call, CEO Tim Cook announced that "our share of tablets in education is 94 percent," according to VentureBeat. (Which leaves us wondering: what makes up the remaining 6 percent?) Cook also said that Apple had its best quarter ever in education with sales topping $1 billion. Forbes has a play-by-play of other financials details disclosed on the call.

Stay up to date on edtech. News, research, and opportunities - sent weekly, for free.

Who we are

EdSurge helps schools and colleges find, select and use the right technology to support all learners.
© 2011-2017 EdSurge Inc. All rights reserved. Every student succeeds.