InsideTrack’s uCoach technology platform uses a multichannel approach to engage with enrolled students, providing outreach through messaging, digital content and one-on-one coaching to keep students on track. Coaches—either InsideTrack’s or an institution’s own advisors and coaches—are able to view a student roster that displays engagement between coach and student, any notes coaches have taken on students, and demographics and performance metrics pulled in from various institutional data systems. All columns in the roster are sortable and filterable so that coaches can group students, create lists and send bulk messages allowing for customized strategies based on specific student needs. There is a library of template messages, or coaches can create their own, guiding students to appropriate resources or attaching digital content. Coaches can select the outreach method through SMS, email or in-app messaging, as well as the day and time the message is sent. Focusing on individual student profiles, coaches can review a log of student outreach and communication, schedule future sessions, and reach out through the student’s preferred communication method including VoIP phone calls. On the backend, coaches can view aggregate analytics about student usage and engagement, and administrators can track coaching performance.
Students are able to use the mobile app or web-based version to connect to their coach. They can message coaches directly and schedule future sessions, but most importantly they can review digital guides on topics such as registering for classes, building a resume or reflecting on academic progress. Students can watch an introductory video, follow links to online content and resources, and answer questions which are fed back to the uCoach platform to provide additional insight for coaches. InsideTrack offers a number of preloaded digital guides and has a production studio allowing for the creation of customized content for each institution.
Features for Student Success:
- Multi-channel outreach
- Customized digital student guides
- Student-facing mobile app
- FTP-based integrations
- Time to go Live: Implementation usually takes four weeks for career coaching and six weeks for enrolled student coaching.
- End User Training: For institutions that use their own advisors and coaches, InsideTrack trains staff on how to use their coaching methodology and the platform.
- Brightspace by D2L
- Higher Reach
- Oracle Peoplesoft
- Power Campus
- Advising / Counseling
- Student Affairs / Student Services
- One-time implementation fee and annual fee
- For institutions using InsideTrack coaches, there is a one-time implementation fee and an annual fee based on the number of students on the platform // For institutions using their own coaches, there is a one-time implementation fee and an annual fee based on the number of users who will provide coaching
Who is using it?