The EduTect Unit Planner is a web-based planning tool that enables educators to create curriculum goals and assessments on an individual unit level. They also can view and download units shared by other teachers on the site. The product costs $40 per teacher per year, which includes the free iPad app.
After teachers login and enter the main menu, they can create their own units. The creation of a unit is broken into 5 sections:
- In the “Overview” section, users insert basic unit info, and the corresponding syllabus description is automatically generated.
- In “Stage 1: Desired Results,” teachers can add custom goals, understanding concepts, essential questions, desired knowledge and skills for the unit.
- In “Stage 2: Assessment,” teachers can insert performance tasks and other evidence.
- In “Stage 3: Learning plan,” teachers can add specific activities for each lesson.
- Finally, in “Additional info,” teachers can add additional resources and comments.
Teachers can also choose to view and download units shared by other teachers in the Design Community.
The EduTect Unit Planner is available through any modern browser, as well as through a native iPad app.
Schools can purchase the EduTect Unit Planner for an annual license of $40 per teacher per year, which includes full access to the site and the free mobile app.
WHO IS USING IT
The EduTect Unit Planner is being used by more than 1000 teachers in more than 100 schools.
Are you a teacher or administrator who has used this product? Be the first to share your experiences with others by writing a Case Study:
It would be great if the product
-followed the Madeline Hunter lesson plan format
-provided on-site PD for districts and schools
1. Easier pd movement between teachers.
2. A live person to talk to if i have issues...