Cloud 9 Learning is offers a content management platform for K-12 students specifically designed for use on mobile devices. Cloud 9 allows schools to organize their resources into meaningful, standards-aligned instructional material and deliver a structured, “closed-loop” course of instruction, which the company defines as "the delivery of educationally meaningful content while being able to measure and manage resultant student performance data on activities that are assigned to them." Among the features highlighted are:
- delivery and management of structured educational content, formative assessment, and student performance data in a controlled, secure network environment
- all activities can be aligned to state and Common Core standards
- open architecture that allows educators to select existing content or create their own with easy authoring capabilities
- teachers can grade activities and monitor content on their devices.
The Cloud 9 platform allows for five user types that each have their own access from a mobile smartphone or tablet: students, teachers, administrators, parents/guardians, and curriculum builders.
Cloud 9 can be purchased along the following recurring annual license models:
- $2,500.00 per building per year, with support and updates provided.
- $13.50 per student per school year, with support and updates provided.
- $4,550.00 optional content license per building, per school year for a five grade level, four core subject area content bundle.
The company has field tested the platform in 2012 with a large online school, working with over 100 students.
Are you a teacher or administrator who has used this product? Be the first to share your experiences with others by writing a Case Study: