Second Annual Digital Innovation in Learning Awards
Aug 24, 2015
Around the world, countless people and organizations are taking steps to ensure all students get a high-quality education by leveraging innovative technology and teaching practices. Many of them make a major impact that isn’t widely recognized, or use strategies that aren’t widely shared.
EdSurge and Digital Promise launched the Digital Innovation in Learning Awards (DILAs) last year to change that: to recognize the work of the most innovative people in education and widely share their strategies. Today, we’re thrilled to announce the second annual Digital Innovation in Learning Awards, made possible with support from CK12, Curriculum Associates, McGraw Hill Education,Qualcomm Education, Inc., Scholastic, and TES Global.
We are inviting educators, administrators, and organizations to submit videos that showcase the work they do. Winners in 15 categories will be chosen and hosted at a gala celebration in Silicon Valley. We’ll also share their inspiring videos with the world. Check out last year’s winning video submissions here.
The awards recognize the work of educators, administrators, and organizations; there are five awards for each group, totalling 15 recognitions. (See the list here). Five of these awards are new for 2015:
- The Parents as Partners award recognizes an educator who engages parents and caregivers in creative ways to support student learning in and outside the classroom.
- The Savvy Spaces award is for an administrator who intentionally designs and implements learning spaces to support collaboration and interaction.
- The Learning Ninja award recognizes an administrator who expands the concept of the library and/or the role of the librarian or media specialist to harness the vast resources of the internet.
- The Learn Everywhere award is for an organization that supports adult learning through community and cultural resources, technology, and/or open platforms to enable learning anytime and anywhere.
- The Global Exchange award recognizes an organization that empowers users with opportunities for meaningful collaboration with other learners around the world.
We’re excited to be supported this year by a group of judges who are pioneering thinkers and practitioners in education. Judges generously donate time each year to review, score and select all the submissions.
“I'm so excited to learn more about how empowered educators and innovative education partners are working together to support our students,” shared Jennie Magiera, Digital Learning Coordinator at Academy for Urban School Leadership and a DILA judge. “Last year was inspiring to hear these stories, and I can't wait to see what new examples we can celebrate this year.”
Final videos and applications must be submitted through our website by August 24, 11:59 PM pst. Winners will be notified in October.
And mark your calendars for our gala celebration on November 20 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA!
Sign up for our mailing list to get DILAs updates and other opportunities from EdSurge and Digital Promise.
The mission of the DILAs is to recognize innovators everywhere and how they are making contributions in education. We want to see you in action--and so does the world!
Thank you to our sponsors CK12, Curriculum Associates, McGraw Hill Education,Qualcomm Education, Inc., Scholastic, and TES Global.