Fuse Corp Executive Fellowship Program
Jul 31, 2014
About Fuse Corps: Fuse Corps is a non-profit organization that is creating catalysts for change in cities and states. Our Executive Fellowship program cultivates and trains cross sector leaders to tackle our nation’s most pressing problems.
Job Overview: Fuse Corps is seeking talented, passionate and entrepreneurial professionals from the private sector who share a desire to change the world - from the ground up - to join the next class of Fuse Corps Executive Fellows. Fuse Corps pairs top entrepreneurial and private sector talent as senior advisors with innovative mayors, governors, and local coalitions in a one year full-time Executive Fellowship focused on solving the most pressing problems facing our country today, such as education. Throughout the Fellowship, Fuse Corps Executive Fellows will participate in an intensive, specialized leadership program to refine and develop the skills and entrepreneurial mind-set necessary to be effective change-agents in the states and cities they serve, and to fully embrace this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grow and make a difference professionally.
Opportunities in Education:
SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT (SFUSD)
The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) has an urgent need to bring our schools and classrooms to the 21st century and integrate technology into teaching and learning. Currently only 7% of SFUSD students have access to technology during the school day, and that technology is often decrepit and irrelevant. The Fuse Corps Fellow will drive the awareness building an engagement campaign to raise the political, financial and social capital necessary to realize this bold vision and get San Francisco schools to the 21st century. The vision provides a platform for the “call to action” to tech, businesses, and all SF residents. SFUSD needs a strategic, ad savvy leader to get the message out and shift the plan into action.
SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Create an online program that helps 19-25 year olds attain their high school diploma. Identify a process for promoting the program, selecting candidates, creating measures and incentives to ensure students remain on track with curriculum, developing re-entry opportunities, seeking connections with the Literacy and Learning Center resources, and identifying opportunities for the Library to create follow-up support to graduates using existing and potentially expanded resources of SFPL’s Jobs & Careers Center. The fellow would work closely with Mayor’s education liaison and the SFUSD to partner and promote further educational resources for San Franciscans.
- 10+ years of experience
- Outstanding capacity for leadership
- Strong record of professional achievement
- Demonstrated interest and passion for public service
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles
- Personal integrity
- Strategic leadership skills to succeed at the highest levels of state/local government and to work effectively across community stakeholder groups
- Practical skills including project management, oral, written and interpersonal communications
- Personal qualities such as flexibility, adaptability, creativity, humility, openness to new ideas, and sensitivity to cultural differences
How to Apply:
- Visit our website - via the apply now link
- For additional information on placements - http://fusecorps.org/2014-fellowship-qualifications
- Applications due July 31st!
- Fellowships begin in October 2014