Compass Learning Classroom Refresh Contest
Sep 19, 2014
Compass Learning® Classroom Refresh Contest™ Entry Guide
The Compass Learning® Classroom Refresh Contest™ is a national video contest for K-12 teachers and students. Contest entrants will be competing for one of three Grand Prizes which will be awarded to one Grand-Prize Winner in each of the following grade categories: K-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
Please follow the contest rules when planning, creating, and submitting your video entry. Each video must:
- Be in the format of a music video that is either an original song or a parody that demonstrates or envisions the use of technology in the classroom such as, but not limited to:
- Your vision of a classroom that is creatively and effectively using technology to personalize learning.
- How technology helps or could help you differentiate instruction and the impact that would have on your students.
- How a class project could have been better with technology.
- How you plan to use technology in a class project in the future.
- How you could use technology to support a blended learning classroom environment.
- Contain lyrics written and performed by submitting school.
- Reference "Compass Learning" in the lyrics and show the Compass Learning logo at least once for a minimum of two (2) seconds. You can download the logo here.
- Include students that are in the grade category for which the video is being submitted. We encourage the teacher who is submitting the video to be featured in the video as well, although not required.
- Not exceed the length of 2:30 minutes. Due to differences in rendering times for different video formats, entries that are one or two seconds longer than 2:30 may still be accepted.
- Be in the format that can be uploaded to the contest website, i.e. mpeg (recommended), mov (recommended), qt, avi, mp4, mpe, or wmv (least recommended) with a maximum file size of 100 MB.
- End by directing viewers to the contest website www.ClassroomRefreshContest.com to vote.
II. Submission Guidelines
The entry must be submitted by a teacher in a public or private school teaching grades K-12 or equivalent in the United States.
Submissions will be accepted between 9:00:00 AM EDT September 19, 2014 and October 24, 2014 11:59:59 AM EDT.
The teacher entering the contest must certify that they have secured appropriate permission to post their video in the public Internet on behalf of their school.
Pay attention to the criteria in which the videos will be judged:
- Effectiveness of expressing how the use of technology enhances personalized learning in the classroom (40%);
- Overall creativity and spirit (40%); and
- Production Quality of the video (20%)
Submit your video between September 19, 2014 and October 24, 2014.Finalists for each grade category will be announced November 3, 2014.Public voting and external judging panel will begin November 3, 2014 through December 1, 2014.The winner for each grade category will be announced on December 10, 2014.
IV. Prize Packages
All teachers who submit a video will be eligible for a 90-day SMART amp™ trial from SMART® Technologies.
The top 5 Finalists in each grade category will receive a one year annual site license for all students in the finalist school for Renzulli Learning™ Project-Based Learning and Enrichment Solution from Compass Learning® and virtual Professional Development opportunities – a $5,800 value.
A Grand-Prize winner will be named for each grade category: K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Prize packages are as follows.