Temporary (Contractor) Product Manager
Pivot Learning Partners - Oakland, CA - Full time
Working in collaboration with R&D, business development, and professional learning teams, the Product Manager will lead the development of a new service for Pivot. Further, the Product Manager will begin building a community of engaged partners, school districts, and educator evangelists. S/he will work closely with internal teams to evaluate and integrate appropriate technology tools into the service that enhances the professional learning experience and educator outcomes.
The ideal candidate would have significant experience building market driven products and services that support classroom teachers. The Product Manager should demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment, working independently and proactively where there is uncertainty and ambiguity.
This is a temporary employee or contractor position that would be based out of our main office and would report to the Chief Business Officer.
-Develop a product roadmap based on analysis of market demands, content used in program delivery, and competitive analysis; in partnership with cross-functional teams, gather and prioritize service and customer requirements
- -Lead product development from concept to market using the Pragmatic Marketing framework
- -Draft project charters, requirements, and work plans with prioritized service components and specifications, while incorporating inputs from all stakeholders.
- -Collaborate with internal teams to determine product pricing and market positioning strategies
- -Develop market and design documentation that illustrate needs for service delivery; translate design documentation into work plans, MVP charts, etc.
- -Conduct market and competitive analyses as needed to formulate and drive product strategy
- -Ensure MVP go-to-market plans are understood by all affected teams
Customer Service, Product Promotion, & Training
-Clearly communicate service benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to partners, clients, and other external parties
- -Resolve customer service issues
- -Collaborate with marketing to effectively promote services through social media, networks, campaigns, etc.
- -Conduct customer satisfaction surveys and provide analyses to stakeholders on impact and market relevance
- -Educate, assist, and train staff and coaches on appropriate implementation of each service
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- -Significant experience building products and services, ideally in the education industry
- -BA or BS degree; preferably in marketing, business, education, humanities, or related field
- -4-6 years developing products or services
- -Experience with Pragmatic Marketing highly desirable
- -Demonstrated success building a user community around a service or product
- -Persuasive and influential, able to effect change through interactions with team members
- -Ability to design processes and systems implementing a user-driven design process
- -Excellent problem-solving skills
- -Strong written and oral communication skills
- -Ability to work as collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- -Strong commitment to the mission and goals of the organization
- -High computer literacy and knowledge of trends in technology
- -Willingness to travel up to 30%
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter and include position title in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage applicants to submit their materials as soon as possible.
3 to 5 years
Pivot Learning is a nonprofit organization of K-12 education experts working shoulder-to-shoulder with schools, districts and charters to address the biggest challenges they face. We partner with education leaders at all levels and provide them with the knowledge, skills and support proven to strengthen educational systems and transform teaching and learning.