Talent Outreach Coordinator
Swing Education - San Mateo, CA - Full time
The Talent Outreach Coordinator will contribute to the growth of Swing Education marketplace by building a quality pool of satisfied and motivated substitute teachers. They will innovate on current strategies to effectively and efficiently scale our outreach and engagement of substitute teachers.
An ideal candidate for this position is relationship-oriented, a fast learner, resourceful, detail-oriented, and proactive. You must be flexible to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive and innovative environment.
- Onboard 10-20 subs/week, resulting in filling >75% of school requests
- Effectively diversify pipeline sources to increase the number of quality leads
- Improve the quality of sub pool through effective screening
- Review candidates’ work history, training, and certification.
- Conduct phone screens and reference checks
- Share feedback with subs to improve performance
- Innovate on current onboarding process to scale with effectiveness and efficiency
- Experiment with new strategies to optimize engagement and retention of subs
- Collaborate with School Partnerships team to ensure positive customer service experience for subs and schools
- Utilize data to inform product development and improve user experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience; 2+ years’ experience in teaching and/or recruiting preferred
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and evaluate candidates.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in managing and engaging diverse pipelines of talent
- Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, accomplishing numerous tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner
- Proven ability to think analytically to solve complex problems
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Header “Talent OutreachCoordinator”. Include your resume and answers to 3 application questions:
● Which of the job responsibilities do you think you'll excel at and why? Be specific and share examples. (250 words or less)Choose 2 of the following (250 words each or less):
● Share a time that you had to give someone feedback. How did you approach that conversation and what was the outcome?
● Share a time that you had to convince someone to take action. How did you sell them on that idea?
● Share about a time you had to change course in order to meet a goal. How did you know you were falling short of the goal and how did you figure out how to course correct?
● Which of the job responsibilities really excite you and why?
● Which of the job responsibilities are you less excited about and why?
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
less than 1 year
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series A, YC company (through ImagineK12).