Subject Matter Expert (SME)
zSpace, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA - Part time
zSpace, Inc.® delivers a new way of learning that inspires and accelerates understanding using screen-based virtual reality with its flagship product, zSpace®. Using the world's first virtual reality stylus, teachers and students lift items off the screen and into the air, as if they are real, creating an interactive and collaborative learning experience. Among its numerous awards and accolades, zSpace was named “Cool Vendor” by Gartner, Inc., “Best in Show at ISTE” by Tech & Learning Magazine for three consecutive years and was ranked #143 on the 2016 Inc. 500. zSpace is a privately held, venture backed company located in Sunnyvale, California, and has been granted more than 25 patents for its innovative technologies. For more information, visit www.zspace.com, or follow on Twitter @zSpace.
We’re looking for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) who is trained to use zSpace’s immersive learning applications, design student activities and prepare activity plans for use by our customers: teachers in K-12 education. All content is for use as part of our cutting edge desktop virtual reality classroom solution. The SME unites creativity, technology and their unique teaching experience to create meaningful learning experiences for students. This individual will be involved in multiple steps of our content process and development cycle, including brainstorming, writing, reviewing, building, and testing. We are seeking elementary, middle, and high school teachers experienced in life science, physical science, earth science, social science, ELA, and the arts.
- Author and edit user-facing lesson plans, worksheets and answer keys.
- Support the development of activities related to zSpace learning curriculum
- Develop curriculum for K-12 education.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities :
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and work well independently.
- Passion for improving education through the use of technology.
- Preferred knowledge of the K-12 Education Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Domain teaching experience.
- Domains include: Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Social Sciences, Earth and Space Sciences, the arts and ELA.
Perks & Benefits
- Learn about the hottest area of growth in virtual reality.
- Centrally located to major freeways & expressways.
- Free Shuttle from Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and free onsite parking.
- Free catered Friday lunches and a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks.
- Work with a team of smart and motivated people on a cool and unique product!
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.