Senior Server Engineer, Lexia Learning
Rosetta Stone - Concord, MA - Full time
Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone Company, is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of reading programs for students in Pre-K to 12th Grade. We have a passion for creating products that helps every student become a successful reader.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Server Engineer to join our Concord, MA based team. Our team is fun, focused but flexible, and thrives in a cross-functional environment. As a member of the engineering team, you will collaborate with engineers that have a passion for building great products that touch the lives of students and educators worldwide.
- Architect, design and develop highly scalable web applications using PHP.
- Produce clean, efficient, maintainable, and bullet proof code to maintain high availability.
- Support deployment of applications into production and resolve production issues by reproducing and determining the root cause.
- Interact with other team members (frontend, and mobile) to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Conduct feasibility studies and prototypes for integrating latest technology.
- Prepare technical specifications to document implementation details.
- Mentor other team members on product and technology front.
- Participate in and lead code-review sessions to identify potential problem areas and suggest alternative solutions.
- Experience with one or more of the following PHP, Java, NodeJS.
- Experience building high-performance large-scale systems.
- Strong understanding of database design, SQL, and big data.
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON) and other Web 2.0 techniques.
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for all components.
- Understanding of Apache configuration, Linux, Bash scripting, and Ant.
- Experience with automation tools to aid in development such as Selenium, TestComplete, JMeter.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, understanding of test driven development.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and in close collaboration within a team.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- 7+ years of experience building cutting edge web applications.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with MySQL, PHP, Java and Linux.
- Passion for education and language learning.
- Internationalization experience.
- Obsessive focus on the customer.
6 to 10 years
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.