Senior Director of Research and Assessment, Lexia Learning
Rosetta Stone - Concord, MA - Full time
Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company, is a developer of innovative, technology-based, educational literacy programs for pre-K to Adult learners. The Lexia team is dedicated to the creation of unique programs that facilitate the process of teaching and learning to read.We are seeking a Senior Director of Research and Assessment to lead our Literacy focused teams in those two areas.
Reporting to the Chief Education Officer, this person will be responsible for establishing long-term direction for the definition, vision, scope and goals for evaluation and research related to the product design of reading curriculum and assessments for students in grades K to 12 around the world.
Position is located in Concord, MA due to the collaborative nature of work done here at Lexia Learning.
- Oversee efficacy studies for assessment and curriculum educational products
- Establish long term vision for continued development of both stand-alone and embedded assessment and oversight on development of assessment item banks (including development, linking, scaling, and equating)
- Lead collaboration between the education and research department and other stakeholders such as customers, sales, support, development, and product strategy when:
- Designing and conducting research studies
- Disseminating research findings
- Prioritizing features and enhancements based on performance data and research outcomes for all aspects of the assessment and literacy education products,
- Identifying solutions for literacy products and their implementation within schools based on research findings.
- Initiate best practices and policies pertaining to research and drive the awareness of research-proven educational methodology
- Synthesize and communicate ideas effectively to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- Plan and manage the research subset of the departmental budget pertaining to research on product development
- Manage, and provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams to ensure high levels of pedagogical quality in all products
- Provide ongoing direct supervision and guidance to Directors of Research and Assessment.
- Review working practices to ensure that resource allocations are continuously optimized, and deliver continuous improvement.
- Manage professional self-development and contribute to the development of the team by providing clear direction, accountability and responsibilities.
- Lead, plan and contribute to the delivery of work processes to agreed outcomes, deadlines and budget to include design, development, testing and implementation phases as appropriate.
- Identify, assess and prioritize risks, applying resources to monitor and control the impact.
- Escalate risks in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of, have an understanding of and communicate internally changes in legislation, policy, corporate governance or other requirements that may impact on the Commission.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to build effective relationships to reach mutually beneficial solutions.
- Identify opportunities to increase our influence in key areas, provide guidance in managing response to and communication in highly sensitive situations.
- Contribute to the achievement of our strategy offering feedback and ideas for continuous improvement, motivating other employees to contribute their ideas and feedback.
- 10-15 years experience in educational research methodologies along with the requirements of selling, building/creating/designing and validating assessments within the K-12 space
- Demonstrated successful minimum of 5 years management experience in an organizational capacity required
- Advanced degree in related field (Research, Education, Psychology, Psychometrics, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (documentation, customer communication, etc.)
11 or more years
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently; we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.