Reading Assessment Specialist, Lexia Learning
Rosetta Stone - Concord, MA - Full time
Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company, is a developer of innovative, technology-based, educational programs for reading for pre-K to Adult learners. The Lexia team is dedicated to the creation of unique programs that facilitate the process of teaching and learning to read.
Lexia Learning is seeking a full-time Reading Assessment Specialist to join the Education and Research department. This department is comprised of passionate educators, specialists, and researchers that are dedicated to improving the reading skills of all students in grades PreK-12.
This person will be responsible for the creation and refinement of assessment content, as well as training and resource guides for students, teachers, administrators, and parents. This person may also be involved in some basic research project data analysis. The projects you work on will be fast-paced and require that work be completed in a timely manner with high-quality results.
Ideal candidate will be located within a commutable distance to our recently updated and collaboration-supportive Concord, MA office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing assessment documentation and working with Development team to create specifications for enhancements to existing assessment
- Developing training and content materials
- Explaining assessment theory, pedagogy and content to internal groups, such as sales and implementation team members
- Answering questions from educators and providing training on our assessment products
- Collaborating with internal and external groups on multiple ongoing projects
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in education or related field such as reading, speech-language pathology or educational psychology
- 3+ years experience working in K-12 school setting
- Knowledge and experience with widely used diagnostic and standardized testing measures to assess reading and language skills for grades K-12
- Knowledge of assessment theory, strategies, instruments, and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience facilitating data-based decision-making practices in school setting
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to design resources and tools for instruction and assessment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently to review and create educator-friendly resources
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience with training in educational settings
- Experience with experimental design and conducting applied research in school setting
- Experience with technology based assessment and curriculum programs
- Experience with data management software (e.g. excel, SPSS)
- A track record of quality work and excellent references
3 to 5 years
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.