Operations Professionals Needed
Education Pioneers - Washington, DC - Full time
Education Pioneers is currently accepting applications for from professionals in the DC Metro Area who want to use their background in operations to help organization build and streamline systems and processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness, so they can focus on student impact.
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top professionals to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. The Education Pioneers Fellowship Career Track places talented professionals into full-time, permanent roles within the education sector using their existing skills and experiences to make the biggest impact. This is a great opportunity for professionals to create long lasting systemic change, in public education.
Education Pioneers will then support your onboarding through three months of tailored professional development alongside a cohort of diverse peers that will build your mindsets and K-12 knowledge to become a change agent in education. EP Alumni receive access to our network of 3,000+ Alumni nationwide. Over 70% of EP Alumni continue to work full-time in education, with 30% serving in senior-level positions
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement.Previous Fellows have:
- Oversaw non-instructional aspects of school operations including facilities, transportation, and student enrollment allowing teachers to focus on curriculum
- Ensured school-wide compliance with critical health & safety laws, charter contracts, state education mandates, and teacher certification regulations to maintain the schools good standing
- Oversaw the renovation of a new school building working with contractors, vendors, and then planned classroom spaces to create a warm environment for students to focus on learning
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
- Commitment to the full program term including the ability to attend workshops and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
- Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
- Experience in Data Analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
- Ability to take initiative and drive results
- Track record of success in academic and professional settings
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
- Completion of or enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Knowledge data visualization and or data management software is a plus
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of excel is a plus
- A willingness and ability to learn new software
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers admissions process is highly selective.
The application deadline is May 12th for late summer & early fall start opportunities.
Career Track Fellows salary is commensurate with experience
APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Ill | DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Hartford, CT | Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.
1 or more years
Since 2003, we have placed more than 3,000 leaders with education organizations in 20 cities.