.NET Software Developer
New Classrooms - New York, NY - Full time
About the Role
Software Developers at New Classrooms work at the intersection of technology and education. Building and improving on groundbreaking technology, our Software Developers play a critical role supporting the development of new models for personalized education. We are seeking a .NET/Senior .NET Developer (depending on experience and technical level of expertise) to produce, maintain, and evolve personalized learning algorithms.
What You Would Do
- -Develop and evolve algorithms, components, and services that meet the needs of our personalized learning platform.
- -Participate in research and analysis of student experiential and performance data to uncover new approaches to personalization.
- -You thrive in start up environments - the faster moving and the more stuff to figure out as you go the better
- -The people who have worked with you describe you as more of a “we” person than an “I person-- there’s no such thing as “somebody else’s problem” for you
- -You bring a sense of humor to your work and rarely take yourself too seriously
- -You’re super smart and humble at the same time - no task is too small or great
What We Are Looking For
- -5-12 years of experience developing professional applications using C# and .NET (4.0 and 4.5).
- -Professional experience building and managing algorithmic solutions to complex business challenges.
- -Demonstrated experience using .NET frameworks such as Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design.
- -Extremely strong SQL skills.
- -Comfort with mathematically centered algorithms involving concepts such as directed acyclic graphs, combinatorics, and linear optimization.
- -Understanding of scalability patterns including message-centric design and distributed caching.
- -Familiarity with concurrency focused application frameworks, such as SignalR, Node.JS, etc.
- -Proven experience building maintainable solutions; emphasis on managed extensibility, versioning, logging, and instrumentation.
- -Familiarity with test-driven development fundamentals, including the creation and management of tests using popular testing frameworks (VS.Net, nUnit) and approaches (isolation/mocks, regression testing, etc.).
- -Strong database design concepts and hands-on experience in writing stored procedures and views. Versions of MS SQL required are SQL 2008 and higher. Azure SQL is a plus.
- -Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB) is a plus.
- -Experience using REST APIs.
- -Familiarity with SCRUM is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit both your cover letter and resume online.
Job descriptions provide an overview of the position, but are not designed to dictate responsibilities. Every member of the New Classrooms team is prepared to carry out any task regardless of title or department in order to fulfill the organization's mission.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
6 or more years
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 13,000 students in 40 pioneering schools in 10 states and Washington D.C. this fall. New Classrooms' first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visitwww.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization. Our team includes a dynamic mix of education policy experts, passionate academics, technology junkies, and business entrepreneurs. We all share a strong belief in every child and a deep-seated interest in improving our schools, solving problems in innovative ways, and getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment.