Math Curriculum Designer (Remote)
IXL Learning - Remote - Full time
IXL is seeking motivated curriculum designers to join our math content team. As a curriculum designer at IXL, you’ll design engaging online math problems from pre-kindergarten to algebra and collaborate with software engineers and visual designers throughout the development cycle. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and perfectionist mindset will drive the success of our math product.
This is a remote full-time position.
- Use your highly-trained brain to be a subject expert for our mathematics curriculum
- Design fun, engaging and interactive math problems
- Write clear, helpful, age-appropriate solutions to math problems
- Advise visual designers, product designers, and company leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Work with the engineering team to determine how to algorithmically generate math problems
- Brainstorm ideas for improving IXL's existing math content
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high quality math content
- Articulate learning objectives, design curricular questions to meet objectives, and create a fun learning experience for IXL users
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international educational standards
- Bachelor's in Mathematics required - Master's or PhD in Mathematics or related field preferred
- Math teaching, tutoring or mentoring experience is required
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology and improving education through technology
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, mobile and web technologies is a plus
IXL ON CAMPUS
We want to meet you! Each year IXL visits college campuses across the country looking for talented interns and new graduates to join our team. Stay tuned for a schedule of our on-campus visits during the spring.
Any experience level
IXL Learning is an edtech company that delivers an immersive e-learning experience — for all students, in all grades, in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. With 10% of the U.S. student population using IXL, and over 25 billion questions asked and answered so far, IXL is inspiring teachers and learners worldwide and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.