As Quizlet’s first marketing hire focused on user acquisition, you’ll be responsible for creating sustainable and scalable programs that help attract and retain the next 20 million Quizlet students and teachers. You’ll have an opportunity to develop our SEO strategy and identify new areas and opportunities for organic growth with a particular focus on international initiatives. You’ll also own our paid user acquisition efforts across search and social. As part of a small team, you’ll work with marketing on copy/content and budget spend, product on funnel analysis, engineering on technical improvements, and data science on understanding what’s working. You will bring a passion for driving user acquisition and thrive working in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment.
Qualifications / Experience
- 4+ years marketing experience on a consumer technology product (experience with user generated content experience preferred)
- Knowledgeable about best practices in the SEO space and excitement about learning more about international SEO and technical SEO
- Experience running successful paid acquisition programs
- Experience testing of, evaluating, and scaling new marketing programs
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a small team
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and building out new skillsets within the marketing function
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We provide competitive salaries, stock options as well as a benefits package that includes health coverage (medical/dental/vision), an FSA, a 401K plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, paid parental leave, an annual professional development allocation up to $1,000...and much more.
Quizlet is a leader in education technology (EdTech) with more than 20 million users a month, a top-50 US website, top-10 education apps in iTunes and Google Play. We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures.
We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — as we scale, every employee has the opportunity to take a stab at new challenges and collaborate across functions. We love technology and helping students and teachers everywhere. Come join us!
3 to 5 years
Quizlet is the world’s largest student and teacher online learning community. Every month, over 20 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 140 million study sets of content on every conceivable subject and topic.
Quizlet provides engaging, customizable activities with contributions from people everywhere.
-> 20 Million Monthly Learners
-> 2+ Billion Study Sessions
-> 150 Million Study Sets
Quizlet is used by more than 20 million students and teachers each month, on our website, iOS and Android apps. We’re found in classrooms in rounds of Quizlet Live, as part of study sessions at home, and in the hands of learners studying for everything from spelling tests to college-level science classes to professional certifications.
EdSurge Connect Beta matches talented educators, technologists, and business leaders with amazing edtech companies.