Manager of Data Analysis and Integration
Noble Network of Charter Schools - Chicago, IL - Full time
Noble is looking for a Manager of Data Analysis & Integration (MDAI) to join our Network Support Team—a team dedicated to providing world-class service to our 18+ schools. This individual reports to the Director of Data Strategy & Analytics. They will work alongside the Network’s Manager of Student Information whose main responsibility is the administration of PowerSchool. The MDIA is accountable for providing Noble staff with world class analysis and presentation of data in support of advancing student performance. The team will develop and implement Noble’s strategic plan for data management that outlines how data analytics will continue to be used to push Noble’s student performance.
- Data Analysis: By combining profound data curiosity with deep experience and world-class problem solving skills, the Manager will analyze multiple data streams and provide Noble staff with formative results that will push student performance and operational efficiency. The outputs will be of the highest quality and integrity as well as be in a format this is easily understood and actionable.
- Data Reporting: The Manager will work with the Director to identify new ways to assess, visualize, and use our data. The Manager is responsible for the production of scheduled and ad hoc data analysis requests. This includes the analysis of data to identify trends, relationships, and leading indicators of student outcomes as well as the creation of reports and dashboards to share this analysis.
- Data Integration: The Manager will work with our ETL tools and data warehouse to develop new sources of information for analysis and reporting. They will also maintain and improve the current system by removing inefficiencies via in-house technologies or the introduction of new technologies. They will ensure the quality of Noble’s data across multiple databases.
- System Administration: The Manager will be the primary administrator of our dashboard and reporting system, Tableau Server. They will maintain the health and integrity of the system so that all 1,200 users continue to receive fast and frustration free access to their data. The Manager will cross-train with the Manager of Student Information to understand the critical components of PowerSchool and assist with administrative tasks and feature requests as needed.
- Service: Every member of Noble’s Support Team exists to serve the staff and students at our 18+ schools. A service mentality – including being flexible, adaptable, and humble – is an essential part of every position on the data team. The Manager is therefore responsible for displaying best-in-class service in all of their tasks.
- 1+ years of experience with complex SQL queries, preferably across multiple database platforms
- Oracle and PostGres highly preferred, but not required
- SQL skills will be assessed with a written test
- 1+ years of experience with business intelligence/statistical analysis software (Tableau, STATA, SPSS, R or ERP experience) is required
- Analysis skills will be assessed with an analysis project
- Ninja level Excel experience is assumed
- 1+ years of experience with database/data warehouse design
- 1+ years of experience with an ETL tool
- Pentaho is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Python or R is a big plus, but not required
- Experience with Tableau Desktop or Server is highly preferred
- Experience with an ERP or Student Information System is preferred
- PowerSchool front end experience is a plus
- PowerSchool’s Oracle back end experience is a big plus
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed in college is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm is mandatory (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus).
- Emotional intelligence is mandatory (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience is required
- Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
The Noble Network of Charter Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
1 or more years
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has now grown to serve over 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 18 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Consistently, these campuses represent Chicago’s highest performing open-enrollment high schools (based on ACT as well as other critical outcomes like college graduation, etc.)