Learning Content Producer
American Psychological Association - Washington, DC - Full time
The Learning Content Producer is responsible for the successful design, development, and deployment of digital learning objects and online course products drawn from newly created and preexisting print and electronic resources. The learning objects will include video, audio, interactive exercises, labs, assessments and other items in support of delivery of online courseware. The incumbent will develop product specifications by drawing from expert knowledge of technological capabilities and audience needs to optimize content, features, and functionality for digital learning delivery. The incumbent collaborates with cross-functional teams, content and technology partners, to ensure that all projects meet guidelines, functional and business requirements, and release schedules.
- Graduate Degree in psychology, social or behavioral science, instructional design, or computer or information science is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology or social or behavioral science preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in the creation and/or delivery of instructional content for the higher-education market.
- 1-3 years of experience developing and using interactive digital courseware, learning software, and/or online learning management systems.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of UI/UX and learning design principles.
- Thorough knowledge of research methodology as applied to social and behavioral sciences preferred.
- Experience teaching in a higher-education setting preferred.
- Familiarity with CS3, HTML5, and other web standards preferred.
1. Collaborates with subject-matter and content experts, ITS, vendors, and business partners to develop and document requirements and specifications for product features, functionality, and design; develops and edits content to meet audience needs and comply with digital media best practices; and consolidates and conveys revision feedback to internal and external product stakeholders.
2. Conducts research and recommends the repurposing or creation of appropriate textual, multimedia, and other content. The research will encompass (a) marketing and sales potential; (b) cost benefits of conversion and/or creation; (c) learning-experience and scholarly merit; (d) professional, student, and/or general audience needs; (e) emerging trends in psychology and learning; and (f) internal political exigencies.
3. Performs alpha and beta testing across multiple platforms, devices, and browsers; ensures overall quality control; and ensures cross-functional and partner teams achieve set project and product goals, including tracking and reporting decisions and progress of deliverables.
4. Manages key workflow processes and procedures and tracks milestone achievements for the product management team. Communicates to keep staff and colleagues informed by providing documentation and training and by collaborating with OPD/ITS, business partners, and other cross-functional project teams as assigned.
5. Conducts regular reviews of competitive content and tracks emerging trends in psychology, publishing, and learning.
6. Maintains a list of potential content, feature, and functionality updates for new iterations of released products.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.
3 to 5 years
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.