Junior Accountant, Lexia Learning
Rosetta Stone - Concord, MA - Full time
Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company, is a developer of innovative, technology-based, educational literacy programs for pre-K to Adult learners.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting tasks including Accounts Receivable and General Ledger related tasks ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This position ensures timely and accuracy of reported data and timely processing of all accounting functions, and investigating questionable data to resolve discrepancies. This position reports to the Sr Manager of Finance.
- Reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Update and manage accounting journals.
- Assist in reconciling ledgers, reports and accounting records.
- Manage Accounts Receivable.
- Review, process and payment of approved invoices and employee expense reports.
- Input invoices into SAP in a timely manner.
- Verify accuracy of vendor invoices.
- Prepare journal entries and intercompany transactions.
- Prepare ad record journal entries.
- Reconcile corporate credit cards.
- Prepare and submit annual Form 1099s.
- Assist in maintaining data, forms, and reports within financial systems.
- Prepare reports to provide management with actionable information.
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely financial statements and reports.
- Assist with month end close.
- Assist with quarterly and annual external revenue audits.
- Maintain and organize invoices.
- Maintain accurate filing system.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and develop process/system improvements that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- 1-3 years of overall professional experience; ideally in Accounts Receivable and General Accounting.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must possess high level of attention to details.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
1 to 5 years
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently; we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.