The Senior Director of Program is responsible for leading the team that coordinates student support, academic program, and faculty development to ensure an even greater level of success on behalf of Summit Public Schools’ students and families across the 10 Summit campuses. As a senior leader on the Schools Team, the Senior Director of Program will partner with the Chief of Schools to provide leadership and vision for the ways in which students and faculty are supported for Summit’s schools across California’s Bay Area and Washington state. This role shares accountability for sustaining and improving academic excellence and student achievement across the network. S/he is responsible for developing, supporting and holding accountable directors who lead teams focused on student support, professional development, academic program, college readiness and the development of our tutoring and induction programs.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 10 schools serving over 2,400 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools atop 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
Develop and Oversee Directors on the Schools Team
- Coach, support and retain high performing leaders of high functioning teams who manage programming for Summit schools
- Collaborate with Senior Directors of Schools to establish accountability and performance measures for each school by setting clear goals and managing towards them; adapting as necessary
- Collaborate with the Chief of School and senior leaders across the organization to develop a robust pipeline for future leadership development
- Actively recruit top external leadership candidates
- Implement frameworks, tools and processes for selecting exceptional talent
- Lead the vision and strategic planning process for centralized students supports for Summit Public Schools
- Provide oversight and support for the teams and individuals responsible for managing centralized student services related to Special Education, English Language Learners, and students in need of mental health supports
- Oversee the continued development and growth of the Summit College Readiness program
- Ensure that the Schools team and the Strategic Services team collaborate and problem solve effectively
Faculty Support and Academic Program
- Lead the vision and strategic planning process for faculty professional development Summit Public Schools
- Provide oversight and support for the teams and individuals responsible for assessing and adjusting student academic program and methods of professional development
- Ensure centralized supports in the areas of academic program and faculty professional development collaborate and problem solve effectively with strategic partners across the organization
Tutor, Teacher and Leader Program Development
- Oversee the ongoing development, integration and improvement of pipeline programs for developing faculty (tutoring program and induction program) and the leadership development program for faculty interested in pursuing various leadership roles
- Provide oversight for the substitute teaching program
- Ensure program development for school-based employees is built and refined in collaboration with strategic partners across the organization
Key Qualities and Skills:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- A track record of success in leading school(s) to high levels of performance
- Ability to manage groups through fast-paced iterative design cycles
- Strategic planning skills that allow for efficient planning with senior leaders across several Summit teams
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop and collaborate with a diverse group of leaders, teachers, staff members, and community members
- Expertise in instruction, curriculum, assessments, and data-driven decision making
- Ability to focus on outcomes and think broadly and precisely about how to adjust structures to meet desired outcomes
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including teachers, school leaders, board members, parents, and students
- Ability to provide honest, actionable and timely feedback that results in improved performance
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Strong analytic skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Master’s degree in education, educational administration, or a related field (preferred)
- 4+ years of experience as a school administrator or leadership position; track record of driving toward ambitious goals in the classroom or in a similar context; Experience leading a high performing school and/or team is preferred.
- Ability to travel to multiple school sites.
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.
6 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.