edX - Cambridge, MA - Full time
The Learning Designer (LD) is an integral member of the Ed Services Enablement Team, responsible for supporting edX partners and course teams in designing world-class educational experiences for edX’s global learners. The LD works collaboratively within a small, experienced team to design, develop, and deliver the core experiences and resources used by edX course teams to learn how to run great courses with edX.
The LD brings subject matter expertise in educational technology and online teaching and learning practices to bear in order to enable course teams from the world’s top universities and institutions to create outstanding courses. The LD is an expert in edX technologies and best practices, and is able to communicate those best practices to a wide range of partner stakeholders, including leadership, faculty, and experienced instructional technologists; this is a highly visible, client-facing role.
- Consult with faculty, course teams, and institutional representatives at edX partners on best practices in instructional design in online and blended courses
- Contribute to design and delivery of our Course Author training program that includes monthly training events on edX software and course development best practices
- Contribute to development and execution of specialized training and consultation sessions
- Contribute to design and iterative development of courses in the edX Course Creator Series, as well as new training materials and resources
- Work with key stakeholders in Ed Services, Marketing, Engineering and Product Management to proactively develop highly scalable and maintainable curricula for new products and services as they are deployed
- Collaborate with edX Enablement and Partner Management (PM) teams on needs assessments and scoping for services delivery
- Opportunity to develop benchmarks and key performance indicators to assess and monitor program effectiveness, and make adjustments to curriculum as necessary
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years in educational consulting, software training, or professional services in higher education or corporations
- Experience with online training, education, and/or community programs that utilize asynchronous and synchronous delivery mechanisms
- Experience designing courses in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Knowledge of instructional design and cutting-edge pedagogical principles for delivery of online and blended learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in presenting to large diverse audiences including senior leaders at the world’s top educational institutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, budget, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to influence and get work done through others; strong stakeholder management across a range of partners, levels, functions
- Positive, team player with a roll up your sleeves, service-oriented attitude
- Travel to partner sites as needed, up to 25% domestic and international
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, organizational learning, or other related field
- Experience designing courses or consulting instructional teams in building courses in MOOC platforms, in particular Open edX
- Experience in online course development for higher education or corporations
- Prior start-up experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field
3 to 5 years
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.
With more than 90 global partners, we are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. EdX university members top the QS World University Rankings® with our founders receiving the top honors, and edX partner institutions ranking highly on the full list.