IXL is seeking motivated curriculum designers to join our social studies content team. As a curriculum designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive social studies questions and be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including conceptualization, design, testing, and support. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and perfectionist mindset will drive the success of our social studies product.
This is a full-time position in our San Mateo office.
- Design fun, engaging, and interactive social studies questions
- Use your highly trained brain to be a subject-matter expert for our curriculum on U.S. history, world history, economics, geography, culture, and/or government
- Write and edit user-facing content and explanations
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high quality social studies content
- Review materials and product prototypes and make design recommendations
- Articulate learning objectives, design curricular questions to meet objectives, and create a fun learning experience for IXL users
- Advise software engineers, visual designers, and company leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Work with engineering team to determine how to algorithmically generate social studies questions
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international standards
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in U.S. History, World History, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, or another social science field
- Outstanding communication skills; must be articulate with a strong writing ability
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Passion for improving education through technology
- Broad range of personal and professional interests
- Teaching, tutoring, or mentoring experience is a plus
- Demonstrated technical abilities - Knowledge of computer programming and Web technologies is a plus
IXL ON CAMPUS
We want to meet you! Each year IXL visits college campuses across the country looking to bring talented interns and new graduates onto our team. Check out our Fall 2016 university recruiting schedule to find out when IXL will be coming to your campus.
Any experience level
IXL Learning is an educational technology company that delivers an immersive learning experience — for all students, in all grades, in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. With one in 10 students already using IXL in the U.S., and over 20 billion questions asked and answered around the world, IXL is helping schools successfully use technology to improve teaching and learning.