Chief Operating Officer
Monti Kids - Oakland, CA - Full time
JOB POST CLOSES ON WEDNESDAY 10/5/16
We bring Montessori educational play to the home for children ages 0-3, along with an online curriculum for parents. The COO oversees daily operations and high-level strategy, while working closely with the CEO to launch and grow the company globally.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Marketing, Tech, Finance etc.)
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Assist CEO in fundraising
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Recruit, hire, and manage team members
- Participate in expansion activities and international growth
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- MBA is preferred
- Experience in e-commerce or start-ups preferred
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/business infrastructure
- Outstanding organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- An entrepreneurial, highly driven, hard working, kind, honest and kid-friendly team member
Please email a resume and cover letter to Zahra Kassam, Founder & CEO at the link below.
3 or more years
85% of the brain is formed by age three; this early period is critical in shaping a child’s mind and future. Unfortunately, parents are left guessing how to create a stimulating environment during these formative years. Monti Kids brings educational play to the home, for children from birth to three, by giving parents access to the world-renowned Montessori curriculum. We provide customers with home deliveries of Montessori educational toys, tailored to their child’s stage of development. Parents gain access to our online curriculum and may contact our team of experts for personalized advice. When children outgrow Monti Kids, families have the option to enter our donation program for underserved children.
Monti Kids' recent honors include
- Invitation to the White House Early Education Summit
- Voted to speak on stage (out of 300 attendees) at the Lego Ideas conference
- Invitation to the Goldman Sachs, Global Leaders of Education Meeting
- Invitation to collaborate with Shakira and Fisher Price on an early education app for parents
- Raised a Seed round from some of the most respected individual and institutional investors