Cengage Learning is an innovative publishing company with aggressive goals to impact education by providing industry-leading digital solutions and unparalleled customer support to our customers. We are looking for high performing, digitally savvy and customer focused leader to join our growing team.
The Director of Sales will have a major impact on sales performance by driving growth across all product categories and channels. The Sales Director will be responsible for overall sales, partnership, and business development strategy for ed2go and will work closely with our Academic, Corporate, and Workforce partners. The Sales Director will be responsible for growing the ed2go business and will manage a team of ~15 individuals.
This position is based in our Temecula, CA office and will report directly to the General Manager and will be a senior team member supporting the development and execution of the company’s strategic plan.
- Create and implement effective and profitable sales strategies for the ed2go based on the company strategic objectives and priorities.
- Drive strategic new business development activity and efficient management and growth in existing accounts.
- Establish and achieve aggressive revenue and profit goals for all channels.
- Implement a sales strategy for each customer market in collaboration with business partners, including development of strategic plans, sales forecasts, organizational structure, territory design and resource planning.
- Lead operations of specified sales channels and Partner Helpdesk support department.
- Create department, region/territory, and channel specific strategic plans, budgets, forecasts, reports, and provide in-depth analysis to stakeholders.
- Assist Account Development Manager and Account Managers in creating strategic territory and account specific plans.
- Develop and manage cross-functional initiatives to improve sales operations, increase lead generation, enhance partner engagement, grow key accounts, identify and sign new key accounts, and enhance overall partner satisfaction.
- Work with outside agencies and internal resources to create/execute cross-functional marketing & sales campaigns that drive new business acquisition, partner growth, and improve brand positioning in the continuing education, workforce development, and corporate training industries.
- Design new business models that take into account the differences in our products and meet the varied needs of our Academic, Corporate, and Workforce partners.
- Work with key accounts as needed to negotiate, sign, and grow the accounts’ books of business
- Work with Marketing, Product, and Technology teams to develop and execute overall business solutions
- Provide motivational and charismatic leadership in managing a team of account managers, sales support and partner support teams, based both inside and outside
- Lead cross-functional projects and teams to improve departmental operations, enhance team effectiveness, and improve student and partner experiences.
- Develop and execute ongoing sales, product, and communication training programs to Sales and Partner Helpdesk Support teams.
- Recruit, train, and lead high performing sales professionals.
- Oversee channel and segment specific data collection, reporting, and analysis of KPIs.
- Develop and oversee strategies and initiatives that will maximize the sales funnel and prospect pipeline.
- Oversee and assist with RFP and sales presentation development.
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to create and execute event & tradeshow marketing and speaking engagement strategies,
- Assist Product and Marketing teams in developing and tracking channel specific incentive/loyalty programs.
- Serve as a key stakeholder and assist in managing pre- and post-enrollment lifecycle, which includes implementing in-depth customer feedback programs, prospect scoring, risk assessment, data collection, partner milestone and engagement tracking, and managing the overall partner/customer experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in sales
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales management positions
- Passionate about sales, marketing, leadership, customer feedback, and creating change
- Experience leading experienced managers
- A proven track record in sales, sales management and leadership
- Strong business acumen and excellent team-building skills
- Excellent leadership and people skills, problem-solving skills, and desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent presentation, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency in using sales tools, and an ability to roll out new tools and/or features to the sales team
- Demonstrated ability and success in managing corporate initiatives
- Ability to develop efficient and effective communication strategies for engaging internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to understand and analyze agent performance, and provide coaching for improvement.
- Superior time management skills, including ability to multi-task and meet deadlinesExcellent analytical skills and attention to detail coupled with the ability to excel in an innovative and high accountability culture
- Excellent vendor negotiation and relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage change initiatives
- Ability to anticipate and provide prompt resolution to situations needing immediate attention
- Proactive, solutions oriented, and focused on quality and delivery of results on business objectives
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to develop strong cross-functional working relationships.
- Ability to analyze and work with numbers, particularly as it relates to budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting, and analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office – special emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (required to create effective presentations and reports).
- Experience in selling to two and four year schools
- Experience working with two and four year schools continuing education, workforce training, non-credit baring program directors
- Experience in selling employee training products to larger corporations
- Experience managing a reseller channel
- Experience selling digital products
6 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.