Educational Sales Representative
Center for Independent Futures - Evanston, IL - Full time
Center for Independent Futures is seeking an Educational Sales Representative to join our team in pursuing a vision of the future where individuals with disabilities have access to all opportunities of a full life. The Educational Sales Representative must be highly motivated and driven to succeed in an environment with minimal supervision. They will complete most of their work in the field by contacting prospective, current, and past clients to make sales and maintain contracts. The Educational Sales Representative must possess the highest level of interpersonal communication skills to ensure long-lasting relationships with clients. The ideal candidate has a background in Special Education and is committed to supporting students with disabilities to live full, independent lives according to their hopes and dreams.
Educational Sales Representative Duties:
- •Contribute your strategies and ideas to advance our organization’s values, our culture, and our vision for the future where individuals with disabilities have access to all opportunities of a full life.
- •Make calls, visits, and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- •Research sources for developing prospective customers and determining their potential.
- •Work with 8-12 schools and transition service providers to determine their needs and initiatives.
- •Attend trade shows/meetings and conduct customer visits to establish relationships with new and existing customers.
- •Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers.
- •Develop effective written proposals for current and prospective customers.
- •Promote and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- •Maintain strong working relationships with existing customers to enhance the customer experience, resulting in future sales and referrals.
- •Collaborate with sales director and peers to contribute ideas for strategizing and executing sales opportunities and identifying areas for improvement.
- •Follow established processes and procedures for gaining leads, quoting, placing orders, and closing out won and lost opportunities.
- •Update and maintain lead nurture and campaign software.
- •Create flyers, brochures, newsletters, and press releases for distribution to current, potential, and past clients.
-Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, education, special education, or other related field.
-Self-motivated, dynamic, results-oriented approach.
-Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
-Outstanding time management skills and the ability to set priorities.
-Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
-Ability and willingness to travel once a quarter.
-Strong technology skills, including MS Office Suite, Google Apps, and Salesforce.
-Experience in a startup environment.
-Successful sales track record.
-Experience working with small business owners, marketers, and executives.
-Lots of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm.
-Exceptional closing skills.
If you are a highly motivated and energetic person with a passion for special education, we invite you to join Center for Independent Futures as we support individuals with disabilities to set goals and achieve their dreams.
less than 1 year
Center for Independent Futures is an Evanston, Illinois, not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities live full and more independent lives.
We create sustainable solutions through community living options, personal networks, and lifelong planning and education, tailored to support individuals and families as well as schools and agencies.