Education Community Manager
Tynker - Los Altos, CA - Full time
Are you a strong communicator who puts relationship building and customer success above everything? Can you adapt quickly to changing customer needs and resolve their issues in a timely manner? We are looking for a relationship builder and problem solver whose primary focus is to deliver a positive experience for our teacher community. The ideal candidate will share a deep empathy with educators and has a passion for STEM education.
Tynker's been on a mission to make Computer Science easy and accessible to kids. To date, more than 34 million kids and 50,000 schools have started programming with Tynker. If you are passionate about preparing kids for the next millennium in computer science, and love a career in STEM and computing, your job search stops right here. Get in on the ground floor of an innovative new company that is changing the way kids learn and leverage technology.
- Engage educators in conversation through online and in-person channels
- Resolve daily support issues by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding educators
- Write and share perspective on computing and STEM in education with our network
- Conduct small and medium sized webinars and social media events to train educators
- Help onboard our district and school customers so they can deploy and use our software effectively
- Build and grow a community of educators who can evangelize the need for computer education
- Liaison with the product team as you hear common requests and compile a database of frequent issues
- Improve support practices wherever possible
- BA/BS in engineering, marketing or related fields - Strong teaching, curriculum development in the STEM fields and education management experience
- Ability to learn our tools and technologies quickly
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of cloud software, browsers, tablets and mobile devices
- Ability to develop and implement large and small group trainings
- High level of energy and motivation
- Excellent communication skills to liaison with all internal teams
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
3 or more years
We're a passionate group of developers, educators, gamers, hackers -- oh yeah, and parents. We started Tynker in order to give our own kids a more engaging introduction to programming. We have offices in Mountain View, Chicago and New York.
Tynker's products include game-based courses for home learning, a comprehensive school curriculum, and puzzle-based mobile apps.
Company - https://tynker.com
About us - https://www.tynker.com/about/
Funding - ttps://techcrunch.com/2016/05/31/tynker-raises-7-1m-to-expand-its-code-teaching-programs-to-new-schools-and-regions/
Apple Stores world-wide using Tynker - https://techcrunch.com/2016/06/21/apple-launches-coding-camps-for-kids-in-its-retail-stores/
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to
jobs AT tynker DOT com.