Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning and teaching not only fun, but really, really, really ridiculously fun.
To help carry out Shmoop’s mostly benign plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented Project-Based Content Writer with a passion for programming. Specifically, the kind that shows up in high school Computer Science courses.
- Writing engaging Computer Science materials for online publication
- Reviewing and editing Computer Science materials for accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science (GPA 3.7+) or equivalent experience
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or explaining Computer Science courses
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a brainy sense of humor
This is a remote position, paid per completed project.
When you're ready to change learning forever, send us your resume and wittiest cover letter. We'll be waiting with bated breath!
Any experience level
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and smart. Really smart.