Early Learning and Preschool Teacher Coach
New Teacher Center - Oakland, CA - Full time
Under the direction of the Associate Program Director, the Early Learning / Preschool Teacher Coach (Associate Program Consultant) will work closely with the Early Learning Team in planning, developing, and implementing a professional development and intensive mentoring model for Early Learning teachers in Oakland Unified School District.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Present and facilitate a variety of professional development
- Coach a cohort of PreK teachers
- Consult with NTC staff to support school district leaders and stakeholders with program implementation
- Build relationships with clients on the ground
- Assess district capabilities and needs, researching existing Early Learning programs, professional development opportunities offered, curriculum linkages, and funding streams to determine the best fit for NTC’s Early Learning Professional Development Model
- Provide technical assistance and consultation to clients around program implementation
- Manage all components of a program’s scope of work including the following delivery face-to-face and/or online professional development for mentors, teacher leaders, principals, and/or district stakeholders
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Valid teaching and/or administrative certificate/licensure
- Minimum 5 years of experience teaching PreK-2
- Mentoring experience in NTC supported model or equivalent preferred
3 or more years
Are you passionate about education? Do you want all students to have access to a quality education regardless of their zip code? We hope you’ll join us in furthering our mission of improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of new teachers and school leaders.
New Teacher Center offers an outstanding benefit package to all eligible staff! Below is a list of some of the benefits you’ll have access to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), dependent care, parking & transit program
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Life insurance
- Professional development
- Most importantly, we offer a collaborative, diverse, kind, and supportive environment with colleagues who are passionate about improving education!