Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company and a leader in educational software development, is looking for an experienced 3D production artist with experience in game development, to join their Concord, MA creative team for a full time, 15 month term-of-project.
The ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter who is comfortable working within a small, focused team. The 3D Production Artist must have experience converting 2D artwork into 3D assets for mobile and browser-based products. The 3D Production Artist will work closely with art directors, animators, engineers and other in-house and off-site team-members to ensure a smooth process with timely deliverables.
- Converting 2D, Flash and Illustrator vector assets into 3D assets ready to be animated
- Model building new assets in established style
- Texturing and rigging (puppeting) of 2D assets onto 3D forms
- 2D and 3D asset processing and production
- Assist off-shore teams in researching techniques and establishing process and workflow
- Explore compression and file-building techniques to produce the highest quality files with the lowest feasible file size
- Asset management and QA of final assets
- 4 - 6 years in the 3D/game industry
- Solid technical problem solver
- Strong 2D and 3D technical skills a must
- Experience with 3D modeling and animation software (Modo, Maya, 3DMax, etc) a must
- Experience with 3D painting software like 3D Coat or Substance Painter a plus
- Knowledge of 2D puppeting and billboarding techniques
- Experience with rigging
- Experience building 3D assets for mobile platforms
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of lighting and particle effects a plus
- Experience working with and manipulating sprite sheets a plus
- Portfolio that shows a proven understanding of 3D technical solutions
* Only submissions with a resume and link to online portfolio will be considered.
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently; we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
3 to 10 years
Lexia Learning, A Rosetta Stone Company, is one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world. Founded more than 30 years ago with private funding and grants obtained from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, our products are now used by more than two million students. Lexia’s ongoing commitment to peer-reviewed efficacy research and gold-standard outcome studies are at the center of our pedagogical approach. Lexia Reading Core5®, the company’s award-winning, flagship product, has set the standard for technology-based reading instruction by providing explicit, systematic, personalized learning on fundamental literacy skills for students of all abilities. With the launch of the RAPID Assessment, Lexia continues its promise to improve student literacy by leveraging technology to personalize learning and simplifying the use of data to drive instruction.