Product Marketing Manager, International
Turnitin - Oakland, CA - Full time
Turnitin is revolutionizing the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea and Melbourne, Australia.
Turnitin seeks a curious, creative product marketing manager to inform and execute the go-to-market strategy for Turnitin’s growing product family as we serve an increasingly global user base.
Turnitin is seeking a marketing professional with experience bringing SaaS products to market. You will conduct research, as well as working closely with sales and product management, to understand key pains and value drivers in different international education ecosystems. This deep understanding will inform your development of effective product positioning, messaging, product launch campaigns, and sales enablement programming.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct market, pricing and competitive research to inform go-to-market strategies aligned with market dynamics in target geographies and segments.
- Partner with field-based international marketing team, territory sales managers, customers and prospects to understand regional markets and localize Turnitin’s value proposition into effective product positioning, messaging, and assets that speak to international customers’ needs and values.
- Serve as an advocate for international customers’ needs and partner with product management to ensure that solutions delivered meet the needs of current and prospective customers.
- Design and deliver training & resources that empower Turnitin’s global sales team and reseller networks to speak to how our products solve market and customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s in business or educational technology preferred.
- Proven track record of 3+ years in managing SaaS product marketing initiatives; B2B experience desirable.
- Expertise in driving and managing the product marketing process from market research, customer interviews, testing, pricing/packaging and commercialization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on, roll-up-your sleeves attitude who thrives in breaking down challenging problems, analyzing causes, and developing strategic approaches.
- Deeply analytical and metrics-driven skill-set.
- Strong interpersonal skills and passion for working with cross-functional teams to make things happen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Curious, customer-centric mindset and passion for making an impact on education; Higher Education market experience is a major plus.
Where You’ll Be…
- Full-time based at Turnitin Offices in Oakland, CA
- International travel of ~6-8 weeks per year to collaborate with Turnitin staff, partners, and customers abroad.
- To accommodate meetings with colleagues in Europe and Asia, approximately two conference calls per week may need to be taken either on a morning between 7:30 am and 9 am or on an evening between 5-6:30 pm.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status.
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.