• Write helpful, detailed articles with the goal of educating and empowering readers. Example topics include, "What's a Good LSAT Score?", "GMAT Math Tips: 9 Top Strategies," and "How to Apply to Medical School: Step-by-Step Guide."
• Given a topic, conduct thorough research to produce a helpful resource containing novel information. You will need to produce content that is above and beyond what is already currently available — this is where your personal experience and research expertise can be uniquely useful.
• Prepare and edit blog posts to publication-ready state in the CMS, including formatting text and sourcing images.
• Research promising topics and propose articles that would help readers.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience writing for an online publication and working with an editor to hone ideas
• Passion for education and desire to share knowledge with others
• Communicates clearly with colleagues and takes feedback well
• Self-motivated and enjoys working independently
• Clear, engaging writing style and impeccable grammar
• Excellent research skills and excitement for learning about a wide range of topics
• Knowledge of graduate school admissions or grad exams (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT) preferred
• Experience with SEO, Wordpress, HTML, editing, or fact-checking a plus
About the Position:
• The position is designed as full-time freelance (40 hrs/wk), but could be part-time (20+ hrs/wk) for the right candidate.
• You'll have a great level of independence to direct your own work.
• Expected compensation is $45-55k/year, depending on skill and expertise. Benefits include flexible schedule and paid vacation.
• Our office is in Boston, and you will work remotely with video chat meetings.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter, and links to 2-3 published clips.
If relevant, also include your SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, or MCAT scores. We understand these may not be reflective of your current skills.
Any experience level
PrepScholar (https://www.prepscholar.com) is the leading online test prep program for the SAT/ACT. We differentiate ourselves from other companies through educational customization — we believe that all students need customized study plans catering to their individual strengths and weaknesses. As a result, we show dramatically better results and amazing customer satisfaction.
To help students and families through the test prep and admissions processes, we produce the internet's best informational and strategy guides. Our blog supports thousands of articles and millions of monthly views, and we empower students worldwide to achieve their educational goals. We’re now expanding our content efforts into grad exams (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT) and beyond, and we’re looking for talented writers to create top-notch posts on a wide range of topics.