The Staff Accountant responsibilities include a combination of daily accounts payable and accounts receivable functions including the reviewing, posting, and reconciliation of all vendor invoices to proper general ledger accounts, issuing checks, and assisting in resolving discrepancies. It also includes the daily cash posting and cash matching of all payments received, resolving payment discrepancies and issuing credits for refunds.
- Review and verify AP invoices and check payment requests
- Code all AP invoices to proper GL account and department as well as obtain manager approval
- Enter new Vendors and AP Invoices into Financial Force system
- Monitor accounts to ensure timeliness of payments
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Scan all checks for bank deposits.
- Verify payments, apply cash to appropriate invoice
- Follow procedures for maintaining files, and providing appropriate documentation to support auditing
- Enter/Reconcile AMEX Statement on a monthly basis
- Follow procedures for processing receipts, handling cash, processing payments and adjustments
- Be responsible for month-end and year-end closes processes, including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Process Fixed Assets in Oracle System
- Prepare journal entries and maintain schedules for Prepaid & Accrual GL Accounts
- Perform special projects or duties as required within the Accounting group. Assist with monthly close and financial reporting process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Solid communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles generally accepting in the U.S.
- Microsoft Windows knowledge with extensive and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and willing to be “hands on”
- Fast turnaround of information and requested reports
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
3 to 5 years
Lexia Learning, A Rosetta Stone Company, is one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world. Founded more than 30 years ago with private funding and grants obtained from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, our products are now used by more than two million students. Lexia’s ongoing commitment to peer-reviewed efficacy research and gold-standard outcome studies are at the center of our pedagogical approach. Lexia Reading Core5®, the company’s award-winning, flagship product, has set the standard for technology-based reading instruction by providing explicit, systematic, personalized learning on fundamental literacy skills for students of all abilities. With the launch of the RAPID Assessment, Lexia continues its promise to improve student literacy by leveraging technology to personalize learning and simplifying the use of data to drive instruction.