CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
Be a part of our dynamic and growing Education team which is committed to making a national and global impact enabling each person, especially those most in need, to unlock his or her full potential. We are passionate about using transformative, personalized learning experiences and systems that address the needs of the whole child - leading to more humane and equitable communities and society.
To accomplish this, the Program Associate will be a key team member of the Education team and will enable grant making and other supports to empower the educators delivering on this mission. The Associate will support a Program Officer focused on personalized learning with a whole child lens. He or she will work closely sourcing, completing and supporting CZI investments, including working with organizations and leaders to enable them in their missions. The individual will work across a portfolio of investments, focusing on accelerating the learning of grantees and CZI to deliver on the potential of personalized learning.
- Engage actively and in a generative way as a member of the Education Initiative team
- Support the Program Officer (and the rest of the team) to enable them to be as efficient and effective as possible
- Conduct research on landscape, specific issues of interest, grantees and other partners
- Manage projects from start to finish, while working closely with the Program Officer and the rest of the team
- Evaluate existing grantees' performance
- Synthesize information learned through research, news tracking and meetings, and distill into concise research reports and briefings
- Track grant work streams and deadlines and manage across multiple parties to move work forward
- Manage cross-cutting projects ensuring milestones are met in a timely manner and objectives are achieved
- Relationship management - Partner with grantees and other partner organizations on critical matters (e.g., convenings, proposals, problem solving, metrics, financials, reporting) and liaise with community and national partners
- Work with organizations and leaders to enable them in their missions
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the education field, preferably working with diverse population including those with greatest needs
- MBA or a Master’s in Policy preferred
- Ability to manage complex projects to fruition by navigating multiple work streams and managing up, down, and sideways to deliver outcomes
- Strong analytical, research, and synthesizing skills
- Solid knowledge of the complexity of school improvement work, and understanding of the communities we serve
- Strong communication skills including excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, and experience working with databases
- Tech savvy and strong interest in how technology can impact education
- Consulting or research experience a plus
3 to 10 years
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chanzuckerberginitiative