As a key member of the Marketing team, you will report to the CMO and work closely with other members of the executive team. You will develop executive speaking programs, consumer and B2B communications plans, and manage the launch of new products.
The Team: Marketing at Course Hero
Where Product creates "The Magic", Marketing seeks to "Know the User" (Student and Educator) "Connect the Two" and build "The Love". As marketers we are the voice of the user and seek to put the user ahead of all else. Happy, satisfied and engaged users invite their friends to use our platform and help us build a long lasting, emotionally charged brand. At its core, Course Hero is about "Empowering Heroes". We don't create Heroes, but provide ordinary students and educators with the tools to do extraordinary things.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You'll create and implement press-worthy PR programs that highlight Course Hero’s data, platform and/or Hero Students and Educators - on both a local and national scale.
- You'll develop a speaking platform for executives and tech leads within the company.
- You'll develop and manage the company’s press media strategy and outreach. This also involves developing reactive responses to events, planned or unplanned.
- You'll manage and provide leadership for internal communications functions. You'll also coordinate activities with internal stakeholders.
- You'll manage external agency relations, source vendors as necessary, and travel as needed to execute programs.
- As a part of the Marketing team, you'll consistently represent the Course Hero master brand, values, and key messages
Are you our Star Director of PR?
- You’re a storyteller. You can construct interesting narratives that move business and reputation forward.
- You’re a team player. You can easily bring people together from different backgrounds, skills, and reporting structures to create a coherent, cross-functional team.
- You’re a seasoned leader. You love to roll up your sleeves and really be a part of the process. Whether it's high-level strategy or the smallest details of implementation, you're involved and you're extremely organized.
- You’re outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic, with a strong ability to be creative, quick, and strategic.
- You are nimble enough to respond quickly to changing circumstances, but careful and detailed in thinking, strategy and execution. You demonstrate both thoughtfulness and adaptability.
- You can think independently and take initiative, while also working collaboratively and cohesively with team members.
- You have talent for translating data into a strategic, defined brand communication.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills. This helps you to be persuasive and establish the trust within the team needed to get projects done.
- You've gained 10+ years of experience in public relations and/or journalism, and have earned a BA/BS degree.
- If you have previous Internet and/or Consumer Electronics industry background, that's a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Free Monday and Friday lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
6 or more years
Course Hero is a fast-growing education technology company, building the world’s largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we’re committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to master their classes. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, on-demand tutors, homework help, flashcards, videos, and more.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
Course Hero has received a Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group for the second year in a row!