The Customer Understanding team fuses research insights with behavioral analytics which helps the organization build products which delight our customers and drive their educational attainment. This key role, in our Boston headquarters, will deliver cutting-edge insight: quantitative and qualitative studies, behavioral analytics, data mining, sophisticated multi-variate research (e.g. conjoint, MaxDiff) to teams across the organization.
- Translate business questions & hypotheses into qualitative and quantitative research plans
- Develop and oversee analysis plans (handled internally or externally by research partners) in service of project objectives, including recommending/employing statistical methodologies such as segmentation, multivariate analysis, discrete choice modeling, and experimental design, among others
- Design best-in-class data collection instruments such as online surveys and moderator/interviewer guides.
- Develop insights and implications from the research, share and interpret those learnings and recommendations with the internal client team, in an impactful and client-ready fashion
- Manage in-house student and instructor research panels
- Data-mine rich clickstream data to create behavioral segments, usage insights
- Great communicator. Strong client facing skills, with the ability to explain complex analysis in simple terms & convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
- Autonomous, hands-on experience designing, programming, synthesizing and delivering research initiatives:
- Full end-to-end: initial project design and set up, data collection & processing, analytics & communication of findings & recommendations
- Projects vary from small ad-hoc projects to large continuous surveys and also into the realm of big data behavioral analytics projects, where sources other than survey metrics are analyzed and data science skills are required.
- First-hand, practical experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques, including (but not limited to):
- 1:1 interviews/IDI’s, focus groups, concept testing, positioning, benefit testing, segmentation analysis, need state segmentation, conjoint or discrete choice-based methods, experimental design
- Proactive with the ability to think out-of-the-box to bring the consumer to life in an impactful way, delivering actionable insight and deep consumer understanding of motivations, attitudes and behaviors.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree with a strong background in business, market research, or behavioral sciences (e.g., Math/Stats, Psychology, Behavioral Economics/Decision Sciences, etc.)
- Excellent project management and thought leadership skills; strong collaboration/teamwork skills; a problem-solver with a results-orientation
- Deep experience applying cutting edge qualitative and quantitative market research techniques to a variety of product development/marketing issues
- Able to work autonomously
- Enthusiastic and passionate about research
- Experienced research manager (ideally 4+ years)
- Experience working with online panels desired
- Experience designing and implementing projects using advanced conjoint analysis
- Experienced user of digital research tools (Qualtrics, online qualitative discussion boards/focus groups, etc.)
- Technical skills (required): SPSS, Sawtooth, R
3 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.