Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we’re a technology company, we don’t believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license or curriculum. Instead, it’s just beginning -- we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools and supporting educators in using them to achieve results with students. We are seeking a Director, Professional Development to manage and lead our national trainers, coaching, school-level support services, and encompassing operations.
Amplify is looking for an experienced professional to lead professional development staff across the country in supporting our school, district, and statewide partners to achieve outstanding results with students. This includes leading professional development content and planning for our partners, the operations supporting service delivery, and the ongoing development of our professional development staff. Professional development includes initial product training on assessment and curriculum, data analysis, instructional best practices, and instructional coaching. The professional development will be designed for live, online, and blended training sessions and be rooted in instructional design and adult learning theories.
The Director, Professional Development will::
- Design solutions and craft compelling programs for delivering PD to educators, including writing responses to RFPs from districts and states
- Manage remote professional development facilitators, PD Designer and resources of overall team; Including aligning resources, skills, and needs to the specific needs of PD projects.
- Coach and prepare PD facilitators, ensuring that facilitators have strong foundations, as well as targeted preparation specific to the engagement;
- Oversee project management (scoping, budgeting, and delivery) of PD engagements, and manage a team of project managers.
- Serve as engagement manager for strategic, high-value PD engagements
- Assess impact and effectiveness of training by collecting and analyzing feedback from our partners and PD participants
- Incorporate client feedback to continuously improve the professional development experience
- Meet with state and district leaders to advise on PD approach, assess satisfaction and make changes to service offering as necessary
- Collaborate with the product, program management, and content teams to understand upcoming feature releases and content offerings and incorporate into training programs and assets
- Support and train sales teams on new PD offerings offerings and pricing; answer questions and on occasion accompany sales people as subject matter expert to present products to key customers
- Support Executive Director, PD and VP, Partner Success in carrying out team and department goals in support of Amplify’s mission (Reports to Executive Director, PD)
To do all that well, we think the Director, Professional Development needs to:
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Professional Development to understand the team vision and its importance in the overall architecture of the organization
- Be ready to lead teams to success in the classroom and beyond
- Have executive presence to influence and collaborate with senior level staff internally, in districts and in state education agencies.
- “Roll up sleeves” attitude -- willing to get in the details when needed to pitch in or problem solve, including work such as re-configuring the schedule, correcting spreadsheet formulas, or preparing training rooms.
- Professionally broker resolutions with honesty and integrity in the face of conflict or disagreement
Our Director will have these qualifications:
- You have experience (at scale) helping adults learn new things and adopt new behaviors (whether you call it professional development, training, or something else)
- You’re impact-oriented and big-thinking: you talk in terms of human development, learning progressions, and change management - not “training sessions delivered”
- You believe technology has a meaningful place in how adults learn and develop
- You’ve worked in schools or school districts - you’ve been a classroom educator or have extensive frontline experience in the complex, busy lived reality of school life
- You’ve led teams - you know how to get people motivated, rowing in the same direction, and focused on a common goal - even when times are tough
- You are able to analyze and present data to determine trends and necessary actions
- You have a background in early literacy - at very least, you have a deep interest in how children learn to read
- You understand the school administration landscape, its challenges and how to navigate through them
Work at Amplify is fast-moving, demanding and - we believe - deeply meaningful. We expect a lot of commitment, talent, grit, and optimism. In return, Amplifiers get:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Awesome, new office space in DUMBO
- To collaborate with amazing colleagues who - together, will work on building a company that reshapes how students learn and teachers teach
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
6 or more years
Amplify is reimagining the way teachers teach and students learn.