Senior Android Engineer
Schoology - New York, NY - Full time
Why we need you:
- We’re customizing our mobile platform to different user needs, and need your help to fine tune each experience for educators, administrators and students.
- We’ve introduced new in-app capabilities like offline content access, but want to add features like interactive, instructional and self publishing video.
- While our native app continues to expand, we’re also looking to create a series of stand alone apps from the ground up, giving you the reigns to decide the details of what technology to use and how to build it.
What you'll do:
- You'll contribute heavily to the development of our Android application.
- You’ll work closely with our mobile development team to ensure we’re leveraging best of breed technologies to delight our 15 million+ users.
- You’ll participate in the design of our mobile app architecture.
- You’ll work closely with our product management and user experience teams.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience working in cross-functional technical teams, including engineering, QA & UX resources.
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on Android.
- 3+ years experience developing native Android applications.
- At least 2-3 apps on the Google Play or Kindle stores - be sure to tell us which ones they are so we can check them out!
- Top-notch Java programming skills.
- Strong understanding of Model-View-*patterns (MVP).
- Strong understanding of core CS principles, including OOA/D.
- Strong understanding of concurrency in mobile apps.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Strong fundamental understanding of web application technology.
- Ability and desire to learn new applications/processes/environment.
What we'd really like:
- Understanding of automated testing best practices in the mobile space.
- Understanding of RxJava.
- Interest in growing into a leadership role.
- Familiarity with variants of agile development methodologies.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
3 or more years
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 17 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.