KQED Learning advances teacher innovation with classroom-ready, standards-aligned curriculum and hands-on teacher professional learning. We amplify youth voice and encourage civic engagement through media production activities. And, we connect learning to the real world with high-quality, trusted, free, relevant and interactive media for classrooms.
The Distribution and Partnerships Specialist works as part of a team to increase the reach of KQED’s educational resources through building and nurturing strategic partnerships in the education community. KQED partners with education agencies, organizations and distribution platforms to provide educators around the Bay Area and beyond with classroom resources and professional learning opportunities to make learning relevant. This position work under the direction of the Distribution and Partnerships Manager and will work closely with content specialists and producers across the KQED Learning team.
The Specialist will participate in managing numerous education partnerships to expand our content offerings, reach and impact through maintaining a portfolio of educational groups implementing KQED professional learning service for teachers within their networks including and not limited to school districts and networks of schools. This position will also be key in effective communication to educators through partner organizations. The position will also be responsible for the distribution of KQED’s media for educational use, including all aspects of the aggregation, customization, and delivery of relevant KQED content. In addition this position supports all aspects of communication, outreach, and distribution efforts to and with partner institutions.
● Manage, maintain and nurture existing distribution partnerships. Effectively leverage partner networks to distribute and promote KQED content with their audiences Collaborate with Communications and Engagement Manager to implement email capture campaigns for new users
● Develop new distribution partnerships to expand the reach of KQED education content to new audiences
● Identify opportunities for co-developing content with existing and new partners
● Participate in strategic partnerships meetings to inform strategy and goals
Professional Development Partnerships
● Work with individual school districts and networks to roll out and implement KQED Teach and other products at school sites https://teach.kqed.org/
● Conduct quarterly analysis of district usage metrics. Identify trends and opportunities for improvement. Prepare metrics report to share with participating districts. Share trends and opportunities for improvement with internal teams to inform product development.
● Regularly communicate with program managers at individual sites to understand adoption and usage hurdles, trends, and other aspects that impact the effectiveness of implementation.
● Serve as main point of contact for districts and networks for assigned portfolio
● Curate new and evergreen KQED content for distribution
● Train and oversee interns on publishing content to internal and external content distribution platforms
Education Partnership Support
● Present on KQED Learning topics and staff the booth at conferences, events and workshops (2-5 per year)
● Manage partner events and online trainings (2-4 partner events, 6 online trainings per year)
● Collect content for and write monthly partner newsletter
● Manage and expand “pitch list” of industry influencers
● Develop and update conference collateral, event toolkits, and content marketing toolkits for partners
● Maintain and update partnerships section of website
● Maintain and update partnerships database
● Implement, update and ensure compliance of contracts and other terms of agreement for new and existing partnerships
● Purchase and maintain inventory of collateral for partnerships outreach and events in collaboration with marketing team
● Schedule and coordinate partnership meetings
Other Job Functions
1. Works effectively as an individual and team member, and collaborates with KQED Education staff and other KQED departments
2. Performs other essential duties as assigned
3. Represent KQED learning at local events, as needed.
BA in Communication, Education or related field required
1. 2-3 years experience working with school administrations or educational organizations.
2. Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, follow-through capabilities and personal accountability for performance
3. Skilled in working with databases, spreadsheets, word-processing, and online collaboration tools.
4. Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills in diverse environments
5. Knowledgeable about state and national curriculum standards
6. Ability to work effectively with colleagues and educational partners
7. Commitment to educational equity for all students8. Demonstrated success in partnership development9. Experience in event management
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
1. Demonstrated experience with integrating technology into teaching2. Experience working with Asana or other project management tools3. Experience working with CMS, LMS or other database systems
2-4 trips a year. Local travel required.
3 to 5 years
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more. Our television, radio, digital media and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media. We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone; and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration—exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public service.
EdSurge Connect Beta matches talented educators, technologists, and business leaders with amazing edtech companies.