Director of Product, Education
zSpace, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA - Full time
zSpace, Inc.® delivers a new way of learning that inspires and accelerates understanding using screen-based virtual reality with its flagship product, zSpace®. Using the world's first virtual reality stylus, teachers and students lift items off the screen and into the air, as if they are real, creating an interactive and collaborative learning experience. Among its numerous awards and accolades, zSpace was named “Cool Vendor” by Gartner, Inc., “Best in Show at ISTE” by Tech & Learning Magazine for three consecutive years and was ranked #143 on the 2016 Inc. 500. zSpace is a privately held, venture backed company located in Sunnyvale, California, and has been granted more than 25 patents for its innovative technologies. For more information, visit www.zspace.com, or follow on Twitter @zSpace.
We are looking for a Director of Product, Education to drive zSpace’s Education Product Strategy, curriculum, and development reporting into the VP of Product. This individual will be responsible for zSpace’s Education vertical managing our Education Software, Curriculum, Product offering and Roadmap. You will lead our Education team (content and curriculum development), while collaborating with the rest of the organization. This job requires hands on experience defining education product strategy, working with the development team, and creating Edu content against curriculum and market demands. The ideal candidate has experience leading Educational Software and/or Hardware into the Educational market and first-hand experience teaching and working directly with schools and school districts.
- Lead zSpace’s education product strategy, curriculum approach, and development.
- Drive internal development of our Education strategy and execution plan.
- Manage and grow our Education Content and Curriculum team. Establish best practices and process for the group.
- Work with the VP, Product and Product team to design and deliver a world-class product.
- Work with the 3rd Party Business Development team to identify and encourage prospective partnerships with external, self-funded development partners.
- Create, implement and manage zSpace’s Education processes, policies and procedures.
- Work closely with product marketing to get market feedback and provide materials for Sales, PR, and Marketing use.
- Keep all key stakeholders informed of product status through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (including milestone updates, work-in-progress presentations, etc.).
Requirements (Skills, Knowledge, Abilities)
Experience in design, development, and launch of educational products and services with a keen eye to the end-user experience.
Strong background in education, pedagogy, and standards.
Experience in all aspects of the educational market from districts to schools to parents, from principals, to teachers to students.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in related business.
- Must have excellent comprehension of all aspects of software production (management, planning, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, programming/technology, design, art, audio, video, localization, QA).
- Must have good communication skills, balanced decisiveness, and clarity in judgment.
Perks & Benefits
- Learn about the hottest area of growth in virtual reality.
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Centrally located to major freeways & expressways.
- Free Shuttle from Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and free onsite parking.
- Free catered Friday lunches and a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks.
- Work with a team of smart and motivated people on a cool and unique product!
6 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.