Director of Marketing, Academic
Cengage Learning - Farmington Hills, MI - Full time
Gale, a Cengage company, provides educational content and technology to libraries, schools, colleges and universities around the world. By combining sophisticated research and discovery tools with content spanning the globe and the centuries, we create the resources today’s leaders and innovators need to spark ideas, start conversations, and satisfy curiosities. As the Director of Marketing, you will play a role in supporting the research people need to be better at school, work and life.
As an experienced Marketing Director who likes to build bridges as you walk across it, you'll lead the development and execution of data-driven marketing strategies designed to meet and exceed the revenue goals for the Academic/Higher Education market segment. You will also partner with Sales and Product colleagues to develop go-to-market strategies that help drive the growth of our business. You'll lead a team of dynamic Marketing Managers and Associates, as well as help direct their efforts to apply consumer, market, and competitive data to decision making in order to create and launch integrated marketing programs that consistently promote our brand and products, engage prospects, and generate leads.
As a creative and strategic leader, you'll focus on driving decision making through data, solve problems, and translate knowledge of the higher education market into results. As an integral part of our marketing leadership team, you'll also support the VP of Marketing and partner with other marketing leaders across the organization to meet strategic business needs by leading various cross-market or company-wide initiatives as requested.
- - Oversee the development of data-driven product marketing programs by generating new sales leads for our growing business, and design programs that turn qualified leads into successful customers
- - Lead the creation of market-level messaging strategies by staying current with consumer and competitive insights, and marketing trends; influence product-level positioning and marketing efforts
- - Collaborate with Product Management and Sales to engage customers appropriately throughout a product life cycle including bringing new products from concept to market, introducing enhancements/updates, and growing share of mature resources
- - Guide the efforts of your team to ensure campaigns are executed on time and within budget
- - Help establish standard methodologies around the targeting, timing and segmentation of campaigns
- - Inform leadership and market stakeholders of what’s in market and what’s driving results
- - Partner with business analysts within Marketing, Sales and Product to understand the impact of marketing programs on the business, with an eye toward continuous optimization of lead-gen programs; be a champion for understanding and sharing the output of your team
- - Forecast and manage assigned marketing budget(s)
- - Support our leadership with special projects and provide management support on department operational matters
- - BA/BS required
- 8+ years of progressive B2B marketing experience
- - Experience in the publishing and/or information industry market(s)
- - Working knowledge of product development and sales processes
- - Proficiency with marketing automation platforms; experience with Eloqua preferred
- - Excellent interpersonal skills with effective and positive leadership qualities
- - Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the box marketing strategies
- - Motivational leader with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- - Excellent writing, presentation, technical, and organizational skills
6 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.