Director of Growth and Expansion (Bay Area)
New Classrooms - Oakland, CA - Full time
About the Role
With aggressive expansion on the horizon, New Classrooms seeks an entrepreneurial and strategic go getter for our Growth and Expansion team to lead the growth of a network of school partners and local philanthropic supporters in California. The ideal candidate will thrive on building and sustaining high-quality external relationships. This role will report directly to the Chief Growth Officer as head of all Growth & Expansion Efforts in the region and will play a critical role in fueling our organization’s ability to impact the lives of thousands more students each year.
What You Would Do
- -Lead the cultivation of new district, charter and independent school partnerships throughout California.
- -Project manage all aspects of the partnership adoption process and engage in creative problem solving with potential partners to remove barriers program implementation.
- -Manage and negotiate contracts and business terms with all partners.
- -Ensure client satisfaction and positive working relationships with district stakeholders throughout the life of the partnership.
- -Serve as the primary/lead representative with both institutional funders and individual donors in California.
- -Partner with the External Relations team to identify and secure local fundraising required to meet New Classrooms’ Bay Area expansion plan.
- -Work with the Communications team to generate the narratives that will compel local funders to provide the financial support required for schools to implement Teach to One (e.g., proposals, reports, decks, brochures, fact sheets, etc).
- -Partner with the CEO and Director of External Relations to identify new supporters. Assist with the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new supporters..
- -Manage grant objectives and assist in developing funding proposals in support of local philanthropy goals.
- -Serve as the external spokesperson for New Classrooms with key partners in school districts, CMOs and philanthropic organizations.
- -Build brand awareness for New Classrooms and Teach to One locally by developing relationships with key influencers and representing New Classrooms at conferences and events.
- -Create opportunities to build awareness and support for Teach to One through various means including site tours, webinars, etc.
What We Are Looking For
- -A track record of demonstrating a generative, entrepreneurial approach to realizing what is possible and of setting and meeting ambitious goals
- -Deep knowledge of local education landscape; understanding of or exposure to personalized learning models and education technology a plus
- -Demonstrated success in professional relationship development; existing personal network (or access to a network) of district and community leaders preferred
- -Demonstrated ability to build trust with education and community leaders and potential funders
- -The ability to speak and write with an authentic, empathetic, and persuasive voice and to engage external audiences with purpose and success
- -Experience with funder cultivation and comfort working with institutional funders and high net worth individuals strongly preferred
- -Knowledge of the Bay Area/California philanthropic market
6 or more years
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 13,000 students in 40 pioneering schools in 10 states and Washington D.C. this fall. New Classrooms' first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visitwww.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization. Our team includes a dynamic mix of education policy experts, passionate academics, technology junkies, and business entrepreneurs. We all share a strong belief in every child and a deep-seated interest in improving our schools, solving problems in innovative ways, and getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment.