The Product Information Specialist has primary functions to support the sales and marketing product data for the organization:
- Project manages the development of effective product information for multiple market segments—including marketing copy for internal sales tools and customer-facing web sites. This person will also be responsible for managing, developing and recruiting freelancers to work on product information pages.
- Establish, implement, and manage processes required to populate and update the internal database for Cengage Learning products. This database houses product information feeding our internal product catalog, eCommerce sites, customer-facing product catalog, and is the basis for all promotional information for each title.
- Responsible for collecting, entering, and updating product information in the database in support of Sales and Marketing, internal and external web sites, applications and initiatives; this includes managing day-to-day information flow and troubleshooting data related issues through collaboration with respective product & marketing teams and reporting/data analysis.
- Work with publishing teams to collect/deliver product information within established budgets and timelines utilizing business systems for collaboration and completion.
- Recruit, develop, and manage freelancers to write and/or edit product information/marketing copy. Ensure appropriate invoicing and processing of invoices in a timely manner.
- Proactively work with the Cengage Learning database development team and Marketing staff to prepare data for product promotion.
- Establish and maintain relationships with each of the marketing and product teams across Cengage for the purpose of ensuring the timely, accurate, and complete flow of information to the group sales forces resulting in effective use of Cengage’s CRM, Websites, product database, sales tools and marketing information.
- Upload and maintain product information in accordance with established standards and practices.
- Act as point of contact for external/internal customer questions relating to product information that displays on the web catalog and in the CRM.
- Establish and maintain processes for collecting new as well as updating existing product information. Evaluate and use the data to continuously improve workflow and suggest enhancements. Monitor/implement stakeholder feedback and suggested changes to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Foresee and suggest improvements/changes to our product information processes.
- Manage special projects and other initiatives as requested.
- AAS Degree.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience with marketing business systems and/or data entry.
- Experience with database uploading, management, and use, reporting tools, and spreadsheet software.
- Experience with business systems and web requirements.
- Proven track record in effectively managing multiple projects with overlapping deadlines, while maintaining the highest degree of product information quality and customer focus.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and takes responsibility for appropriate level of detail and accuracy for tasks and projects.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively work with stakeholders across multiple
- Solution-oriented, ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- Possesses drive and motivation for achievement with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools
- 4 year degree
- Experience with Access and/or Crystal Reports
- Oracle experience a plusquickly and is motivated by successfully accomplishing goals.
less than 1 year
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.