IXL is looking for a part-time Human Resources Coordinator to grow with us as our 250 person company continues to expand. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of HR-related tasks and will be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. This person must be well organized, flexible and enjoy the HR challenges of supporting a large office of diverse people and projects.This position is based in our San Mateo office.
- Answer and screen incoming calls, e-mail and redirect HR-related questions as appropriate
- Assist in the administration of compliance of policies and procedures
- Support management of IXL’s immigration cases
- Process health plan enrollments, changes and terminations
- Provide administrative support to the human resources function as needed, including record keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Conduct payroll audits, benefits or other HR programs and recommend corrective action
- HRIS and database maintenance
- Support the employee onboarding process, including I-9 verifications
- Process required documents through payroll to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate HR-related events as needed
- Perform administrative duties such as copying/faxing/filing documents, preparing outgoing correspondences, and creating expense reports as needed
- Assist with additional projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience; HR coursework preferred
- Relevant experience in HR a plus
- Experience with MS Office suite, HRIS systems; Namely preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with high confidentiality
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Energetic, mature, positive person who can work independently at times
Any experience level
IXL Learning is an educational technology company that delivers an immersive learning experience — for all students, in all grades, in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. With one in 10 students already using IXL in the U.S., and over 20 billion questions asked and answered around the world, IXL is helping schools successfully use technology to improve teaching and learning.