SAT and ACT Test Content Writing
PrepScholar - Boston, MA - Full time
PrepScholar (https://www.prepscholar.com) is the leading online test prep program for the SAT/ACT. We differentiate ourselves from other companies through educational customization -- we believe that all students need customized study plans catering to their individual strengths and weaknesses. As a result, we show dramatically better results and amazing customer satisfaction.
Our prep program is an automated online program featuring thousands of practice questions across dozens of skills. We are looking for full-time SAT/ACT test prep experts who will write extremely high-quality test questions, explanations, and lessons.
• Craft high-quality SAT/ACT questions and answer explanations. The best way for students to learn these tests is to practice. You can write questions that rival the quality of real tests. Your explanations guide a student clearly through the right thinking process to answer the question and to avoid pitfalls.
• Record teaching videos for explanations and lessons. As an enthusiastic educator, you'll engage with students through videos, showing them how to solve questions and apply test strategy.
• Write engaging lessons for skills that teach students fundamental content. We cover a wide span of subjects in English, math, reading, and science.+ Contribute to the pedagogical design of our education technology.
• BA/BS from a selective institution.
• 90%-ile score on the SAT or ACT required.
• Knowledge of test prep methods and previous experience tutoring is helpful.
• Great teaching skills and teaching experience. You can break down tough concepts into clear logical steps. You know what students struggle with, in both learning and behavior, and you've had practice in reaching out to them.
• Serious commitment and work drive. You always pull through and deliver and take pride in your own work.
• Experience with other graduate standardized tests a plus (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, etc).
• We're making education more effective through customization. We learn the strengths and weaknesses of learners and create tailored learning programs. We create compelling educational experiences for our students by truly understanding their problems.
• We're passionate about delivering an unparalleled student experience. A lot of companies are trying smart education; almost none are doing it well.
• We're a growing national brand reaching millions of students and parents worldwide.
• Check us out at http://www.prepscholar.com
About the Position:
• The position is full-time.
• Salary is competitive with the industry, and we reward real skill and experience.
• You'll have a great level of independence to direct your own work.
• Work is on location in our Cambridge office and relocation assistance will be offered as part of the starting package.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Also include your SAT or ACT scores, as well as any other standardized test results (SAT Subject Tests, AP, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc). We understand these may not be reflective of your current skills.
Any experience level
As part of PrepScholar, you'll use your teaching talent to educate students at a national scale. You'll craft realistic questions and effective explanations that train students to apply the most effective strategies. You'll join an exciting online education startup with a mission to improve education at scale through technology.