Amplify is looking for a Psychometrician to join our team. The Psychometrician will work as part of a research team on a variety of projects involving classroom assessment, instructional interventions, and instructional technology. The hired candidate will employ a wide range of statistical methodologies in order to support evidence for the reliability and validity of Amplify's literacy and numeracy products and services. Additionally, the Psychometrician will contribute to all phases of research and product development: ideation, prototype design, pilot testing, field testing and data collection, analysis, and report generation and dissemination.
Responsibilities of the Psychometrician
- Serves as in-house expert on educational measurement and psychometrics.
- Contribute to the design of research projects, not limited to: the design and conduct of classical and IRT item analyses, equating studies, validity and efficacy studies, sampling plans, using pilot data in support of research and content design, and special statistical analyses.
- Develop and manage field research data collection tools and protocols.
- Develop and use of psychometric tools to evaluate the accuracy of complex psychometric results.
- Collaborate across departments, fostering and supporting the use of proper research methods throughout the entire lifecycle of products and services.
- Produce reports, position papers, and manuscripts for internal research purposes, external client review, and publication in peer-reviewed or refereed venues (i.e., conferences, journals).
Basic Qualifications of the Psychometrician
- An earned doctorate in a relevant field (Quantitative Psychology, Educational Measurement & Statistics, Psychometrics, etc.) or doctoral-level training and 2+ years of applied research experience or master’s degree in relevant field with 4+ years of applied research experience.
- Proven understanding of the foundations of psychometrics including classical test theory, item response theory, structural equation modeling, mixed-effects modeling.
- Demonstrated skills in designing and conducting research studies is desirable.
- Research record, including publications and presentations to professional audiences.
- Experience with at least one statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
Preferred Qualifications of the Psychometrician
- Experience with relational databases and SQL data management systems.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Subject-matter expertise in early (K-8) literacy and/or numeracy.
3 or more years
Amplify is re-imagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We enable teachers to manage whole classrooms and, at the same time, empower them to offer more personalized instruction, so that students become more active, engaged learners.