Director of Partnerships
EdFuel - Detroit, MI - Full time
EdFuel is seeking a motivated, mission-driven individual who is passionate about supporting schools, districts, and education non-profits in Detroit and across the country in addressing their talent needs. The Director of Partnerships will be responsible for designing and implementing Detroit city-wide strategy, building and maintaining diverse relationships, and leading holistic client engagements with a variety of different partners to develop and strengthen organizational talent systems and build capacity across all leaders. S/he will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
SUMMARY OF ORGANIZATION:
EdFuel is a mission-driven non-profit that provides leadership and talent development tailored to the education sector. We help great education organizations, including districts, CMOs, and education-focused non-profits, increase their capacity and effectiveness by maximizing their best asset: their employees. For both instructional and non-instructional leadership, EdFuel provides customized support on talent practices from broad organizational talent strategy to individualized, role-specific PD. Through our work with leading school system operators, innovators, and investors around the country, we collect, streamline, and disseminate best practices while utilizing our growing suite of proven tools, programs, and diagnostics. Our approach anchors on understanding role-specific competencies and high-quality job-embedded training, and we are committed to advancing the sector with best-in-class open-source research. EdFuel works with organizations nationally, and has offices and city-wide engagements in Washington, D.C. and Detroit.
DIRECTOR OF PARTNERSHIPS ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
50% Partnership development
- Conduct strategic outreach to potential partners using a variety of in-person and online methods
- Develop deep and meaningful relationships with schools, districts and education non-profits across the city
- Design targeted proposals for client engagements based on a solidified understanding of partner needs
- Research, design and implement a city-wide strategy to best support the needs of the Detroit community
50% Talent system design and implementation
- Collaborate directly with organizational leaders such as Chief Executive Officers, Executive Directors, Chief Talent Officers, Heads of School to design effective solutions to organizational talent needs
- Research and develop best-in-class talent systems and structures in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, development and evaluation for clients of all types and sizes
- Develop deep understanding of the context of organizational partners in order to provide meaningful solutions that have a lasting impact on students
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least 4 years of work experience preferred
- Strong relationship-building skills with proven ability to work with high-level leaders
- Extensive experience leading and managing complex projects
- Background in talent system design and implementation
- Proven ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment with ongoing change
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a specific detail-orientation
- Ability to work across remote teams
- Willingness to travel (depending on the season, the role may include up to 25% travel)
- Shared commitment to EdFuel’s organizational values, as described below
- Passion for education reform and equity for all students
EDFUEL CORE VALUES
- Talent as a catalyst for change: We know that inspiring, talented leaders are the starting point for all effective change in the world
- Diversity: We believe that the most effective leaders reflect and celebrate the diversity of their communities.
- Relentless pursuit of excellence: Our bar for quality is high because that is what students and partners deserve from us.
- Growth mindset: Continuous improvement is central to our mission.
- Collaboration: We believe that education will get better faster when we are dedicated to getting better together.
- Sustainability: We value the richness or everyone’s experiences and we make time for those experiences. It’s an important model for the work are doing.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
At EdFuel, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. EdFuel is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
Salary for this position is competitive and includes the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address why you are interested in EdFuel and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EDFUEL
3 or more years
Learn more at http://edfuel.org